Answered New and need some info

Brand new associate, first day of training was supposed to be Tuesday and due to a power outage, they could not train me. Next day in is tomorrow.
How do I get a locker? They are not assigned and you use them for a shift. My HR said she would show me the next time I came in, but was not there on Tuesday. Thanks to this page I figured out how to download the Kronos app and I need to have a day off put in.

To be honest, I'm not feeling the best about accepting this position, it's very frustrating when people do not communicate to others whats going on.
Sorry to be a drag.

Brand new associate, first day of training was supposed to be Tuesday and due to a power outage, they could not train me. Next day in is tomorrow.
How do I get a locker? They are not assigned and you use them for a shift. My HR said she would show me the next time I came in, but was not there on Tuesday. Thanks to this page I figured out how to download the Kronos app and I need to have a day off put in.

To be honest, I'm not feeling the best about accepting this position, it's very frustrating when people do not communicate to others whats going on.
Sorry to be a drag.
Small thing: we’re not associates, we’re team members.

pick a locker when you clock in, any ™ can show you how to lock it (stores have diff kinds so it’s hard toexplain)

Ask anyone you work with for help with the lockers. Not all stores have the same lockers. My store has 3 different lockers and they all have a sticker with directions on them.

Ask for more communication from your leaders if its an issue. We all kinda get thrown into things here, and it can be a struggle at the beginning. I feel bad for new hires, but the majority of the team members at my store want to help them adapt and help.

We had combination lockers. You press a button then a 4 number combo of your choice. Just remember which locker you use! I used an easy number sequence to remember, my daughters birthday month and year. If you forget which one you use or have trouble, HR has a magnet gadget that opens them. Just ask for help.

Hi new team member !

The best advice I can give to ALL new TM’s
hey, listen up - ESPECIALLY if you are A Seasonal Hire that wants to be retained
Note : In no order of importance because it is ALL important =

Please DO NOT - Steal, assume, expect, demand, complain, criticize, compare, loaf, act like you know everything, Guess how to do something if you don’t know,
call out, change your schedule, need comforting/babysitting/constant recognition, gossip about other tm’s, Brag/boast about other jobs,
bring your kids to work with you (yes, seen it-some ETL’s think they’re special-rules like this & dress code don’t apply to them),
take up too much of other tm’s time with chatter (you both have Shit to do - go to break together).
If you are in leadership - do not play Favorites.

Please DO - Stay calm, Be respectful, be friendly/approachable/pleasant, Be mature, wear the proper uniform, ask questions, ask for help if you’re feeling confused or
overwhelmed, Ask for clarification when needed, be humble, work your shift as scheduled, give full effort/try your best, Put the guest first, offer to help
another TM when you can, listen to advice/instruction, try to learn quickly (taking notes avoids your trainer having to repeat themselves),
learn how to Use the walkie & answer the phone CORRECTLY, cut your leadership a little Slack - they want to help you succeed but they over burdened
with Tasks/expectations, try to appreciate the job/your role in the business and enjoy yourself a little doing it While understanding how you
Contribute to the whole picture. Don’t ask for special treatment.

Good luck to you - it doesn’t seem as though you have had the best start.
Try to act more mature in the future - understand that this is a business NOT a grammar school - not everything will be done for you,
you are expected to stand on your own and seek out what you require to be successful. People will be willing to help, but will not necessarily spoon feed you.
‘This is a JOB - not a club for your Free time - please take it seriously And treat it with the respect it deserves.

that’s about it - hope I helped someone.

Hi new team member !

The best advice I can give to ALL new TM’s
hey, listen up - ESPECIALLY if you are A Seasonal Hire that wants to be retained
Note : In no order of importance because it is ALL important =

Please DO NOT - Steal, assume, expect, demand, complain, criticize, compare, loaf, act like you know everything, Guess how to do something if you don’t know,
call out, change your schedule, need comforting/babysitting/constant recognition, gossip about other tm’s, Brag/boast about other jobs,
bring your kids to work with you (yes, seen it-some ETL’s think they’re special-rules like this & dress code don’t apply to them),
take up too much of other tm’s time with chatter (you both have Shit to do - go to break together).
If you are in leadership - do not play Favorites.

Please DO - Stay calm, Be respectful, be friendly/approachable/pleasant, Be mature, wear the proper uniform, ask questions, ask for help if you’re feeling confused or
overwhelmed, Ask for clarification when needed, be humble, work your shift as scheduled, give full effort/try your best, Put the guest first, offer to help
another TM when you can, listen to advice/instruction, try to learn quickly (taking notes avoids your trainer having to repeat themselves),
learn how to Use the walkie & answer the phone CORRECTLY, cut your leadership a little Slack - they want to help you succeed but they over burdened
with Tasks/expectations, try to appreciate the job/your role in the business and enjoy yourself a little doing it While understanding how you
Contribute to the whole picture. Don’t ask for special treatment.

Good luck to you - it doesn’t seem as though you have had the best start.
Try to act more mature in the future - understand that this is a business NOT a grammar school - not everything will be done for you,
you are expected to stand on your own and seek out what you require to be successful. People will be willing to help, but will not necessarily spoon feed you.
‘This is a JOB - not a club for your Free time - please take it seriously And treat it with the respect it deserves.

that’s about it - hope I helped someone.
I second most of this with a couple of small exceptions/clarifications:
Re: calling out - don't be irresponsible and call out for dumb reasons or no reason, but if you are sick, PLEASE call out! I'm sure I don't need to explain why.
Re: going on break with other TMs - if you are in the same department, please make sure there is coverage before you go together and that you let your fellow TM or your leader know - this is something we are very lax about in my store and it is irksome. Don't leave your department with no coverage or without letting someone know that you will be off the floor.

I second most of this with a couple of small exceptions/clarifications:
Re: calling out - don't be irresponsible and call out for dumb reasons or no reason, but if you are sick, PLEASE call out! I'm sure I don't need to explain why.
Re: going on break with other TMs - if you are in the same department, please make sure there is coverage before you go together and that you let your fellow TM or your leader know - this is something we are very lax about in my store and it is irksome. Don't leave your department with no coverage or without letting someone know that you will be off the floor.
Thank you for improving my thoughts. Good insight.

Welcome to Target! As for lockers, don’t hesitate to ask anyone around you especially if you are new for help.

As for communication...Like some people have mentioned it’s not going to be spoon feed. Back then we used to have a huddle and usually they will give us information on what’s going on, but we stopped doing that.

Personally this is what I do since I only work at Target a few days a week. I am usually a closer so I usually talk to my closing TL on what is the plan tonight, if there are certain areas I need to focus on my department. And usually she updates me on how bad the store look and what we need to do and if there are visits. The other day she mentioned we needed to do a training on how to communicate with guests about not using the fitting room.

And it’s not just Target but any other working place. I learned as a new employee, you will need to take initiative to communicate because usually the leads/supervisors are super busy that they forget the new employees need training. Based on my experience, you can communicate with your leads if there is something you need to do to help out if you feel like you are not given a task or is there additional training you need to learn.Training is not going to be super perfect, but you have to learn to adapt, observe and ask questions around you. Also asking your peers also helps out.

Back