Archived New and old female flow team members

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it just my store or do the girls that get hired for flow ALWAYS get sent to apparel or push carts? Even girls who are currently on flow just push carts and apparel. We only had 1 on the line during unload and she's on Plano now. I think it's a bit sexist to do so.

well as a male flow TM let me ask you this: do you really want any of those dudes working softlines? where it needs to be neat, clean, and zoned? folded clothing and men do not mix well im afraid. can i work softlines? well as a backroom TM and have to do FF i had to learn how softlines worked and how it doesnt have sales floor locations but it has maps and a pda/mydevice isnt going to help you there.

now if NO women work hardlines then thats something else. at my store, yes, its all women in softlines during trailer unload. but, both men and women work in hardlines pushing through the perimeter of the store.

if this is something that bothers you though why not address it to your TL? they cant fault you for asking, and target has an open door policy that says you can address you concerns.

We have women on unload. No men in softlines or at fitting room though. Hmm.

Yep. Men and women in hardlined, but women only in softlines. We had a guy trained once for softlines, but only because he signed up for a shift on the swap shift board and it was only that day. Could we get at least a gay guy or something?

It goes both ways. Most women I know can't backstock heavy stuff or bowel fast. In turn, most men don't care about neatness so they lack the attention to do repacks or softline.

In that sense, its a lot easier to throw the women in Softlines or hba repacks and give the men the heavy lifting grunt work.

LOL @ being gay = good @ folding clothes.

In Navy boot camp they stress teaching you how to fold clothes an exact way so as to take up as little space as possible in confined quarters.

I'm still waiting to EVER see a female scheduled as a CA. Have any of you seen that?

It isn't about ability. It's about familiarity.

Would you put someone in electronics who knew nothing about electronics? No.

The same goes for clothing. The majority of the clothing sold is women's, so why would men be doing it? Not that they can't, just from a guest help perspective, it's easier.

Hahahaha ever since our best softlines flow girl left softlines has looked like shit every morning. None of those girls care about making it look nice and they usually leave a huge mess. There are often z racks everywhere afterwards. The Cat&Jack tables were a horrible sight when they first came out. And the sock and underwear gondolas are constantly overstocked.
The flow team lead usually helps deal with the heavy furniture over in hardlines instead since she's pretty strong.

In Navy boot camp they stress teaching you how to fold clothes an exact way so as to take up as little space as possible in confined quarters.

I'm still waiting to EVER see a female scheduled as a CA. Have any of you seen that?
We had a female cart attendant for a while. She transferred to SL eventually. Does a great job no matter where she works.

Usually at my store the cart attendant responsibility is given to the GSA/GSTL or the LOD since we only have that position around the holidays. So yeah sometimes a female GSA or LOD will be doing carts.

Sure, the occasional female will round up carts. I'm talking about them actually being scheduled a CA shift.

I've yet to see that...

Yep. Men and women in hardlined, but women only in softlines. We had a guy trained once for softlines, but only because he signed up for a shift on the swap shift board and it was only that day. Could we get at least a gay guy or something?

My store has a male TL in softlines but when it comes to flow we have women in softlines. The men who do flow at my store rip open boxes like mad men, I can't imagine them neatly folding clothes call me sexist if you will.

My old store had one she was a total tomboy though.

If you're good at carts they usually move you to a better position from my experience.

*edited for clarity

Most of our cart attendants range from slow to average. The great ones don't stay cart attendants

Last edited:
Sure, the occasional female will round up carts. I'm talking about them actually being scheduled a CA shift.

I've yet to see that...

My store has a female CA. Started out sales floor then got trained CA. Those are most of her shifts now.

We have men in softlines, there are more women than men but they are present. Even on my team it's more women than men, we only have two male baristas and then myself as the TL so just three of us lol

Hahaha there's also a male GSA that helps with folding and he's super helpful. I think he misses the sales floor.
Meanwhile our plano team is almost all female except for one dude (and the occasional guy on the sales floor who gets scheduled to help)
I have never seen a guy do pricing before. Also I just realized that we literally only have one male cashier

We have three guys in Softlines at our store. One is a TM and the other two are TLs.

I'm not sure if any women unload the truck, but one of the two flow TLs is a woman. BR TL is also a woman. The female flow TMs I've seen do push in softlines.

Even rn I'm the only girl that does SFS. Other female TMs were trained in the very beginning but I'm the only one who ever really got shifts back here :p

Edit: we have one guy who works softlines dayside. I heard he wanted out tho idk

I've yet to see that...
When we lost two CAs at once & another was on leave I volunteered to do carts so I was scheduled until I could get my newbies settled in.
I stayed on the schedule for three months during the summer.
Best workout ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back