Archived New Bag Material?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EagleEye

Executive Team Leader
Did anyone receive what seems to be a "new" type of Target bag? We got a huge shipment of bags that would not separate from each other without tearing.. They insist it's just our new bags, but I don't seem to see anyone else complaining. Bad batch of bags maybe?

Hahaha. These bags are pretty bad lately. I am having to throw out hundreds of bags that are tearing in half when I pull away another bag. Also it seems that they don't hold as much as they used to without breaking through or getting holes in them. Then there are people trying to "save a bag" complaining because they see us balling up and tossing some torn ones and asking why I we;re just throwing them away for no reason. Not sure if it's the batch of bags or if they are making them purposely flimsier, because it's been doing it for a couple of months. lol

We get good batches of bags, and we get bad batches of bags... and then we get batches of bags where we're throwing away 3/4 of them because they tear and tear and tear... it's infuriating.

These bags are terrible and seem counterproductive to Target's "commitment" to the environment. They are absolutely not reusable! Sometimes they don't even survive the cart ride to the car.

They are pretty terrible. I've had to throw away about as many as I've used just because they tear so easily.

The bags are awful, just awful lately. I seriously almost cry out of joy when I replace the bags on my lane and they actually separate without me having to surgically remove them from one another. I'm glad to know we're not the only store experiencing this problem. I think I have to throw away like 1 out of every 5 bags.

Have any of you guys have paper bags in your store? Went on vacation and visited a different store and noticed guests reusing the same paper bag o_O

We don't have paper bags at my P-Fresh store (is it a Super thing?). However, we do have the option to request paper bags in the help button menu on the registers.

Do any of your stores charge for bags? Retta (plays Donna on Parks and Rec) tweeted about it about a week ago. Wherever she is (probably in cali somewhere), they charge 10 cent and someone from Seattle responded that she has to pay 5 cent per bag. They're charging people for these thin, flimsy bags!?

If they're making it as onerous as possible to get people to bring their own bags, I'd say "Mission - not quite accomplished".
I live around a bunch of slow-learners.

The problem is, you have to use twice as many bags, because these things are so worthless.

My STL swore that if the next shipment of bags we get in are these worthless things, he's returning them. I wish he could...but we can't exactly go without.

Our store had a shipment of these horrid bags, but then our next shipment was back to the regular ones. I'm curious too if it was just a crappy batch.

For the past year we got nothing but the really good bags. They barely ever teared or ripped, and could easily hold a full/heavy bag of merchandise. Guest loved them.

Now, over the past few months, we seem to be getting 50/50 between the old bags and the new paper-thing ones. I have to throw away so many due to tearing and they sometimes will not even handle a gallon of milk without ripping. Guest are complaining like crazy along with the cashiers.

Do any of your stores charge for bags? Retta (plays Donna on Parks and Rec) tweeted about it about a week ago. Wherever she is (probably in cali somewhere), they charge 10 cent and someone from Seattle responded that she has to pay 5 cent per bag. They're charging people for these thin, flimsy bags!?

I work in one of the stores near Seattle. We don't charge for bags.
Maybe they were referring to the 5 cent discount when a customer brings in a reusable bag?

We went about a week without bags during back-to-school and when we finially got an order of bays they were really bad. I end up getting rid of so many bags due to the fact they rip apart.

Same here...the "new" bags lately are not as strong and keep sticking together......but as long as Target is "controlling costs" thats all that matters these days :)

Did anyone receive what seems to be a "new" type of Target bag? We got a huge shipment of bags that would not separate from each other without tearing.. They insist it's just our new bags, but I don't seem to see anyone else complaining. Bad batch of bags maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back