Archived New CRC/Salvage process

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrontEndFirecracker

Vibe Machine
So now the GSTL/GSA must go into the back room and scan out each individual item in the CRC and salvage carts…who thinks of these things?

have you been having shortage on your defects? A couple of years ago no one was processing defects correctly at the SD so AP made them do them with either AP or and ETL until they got it right.

I just had a status with my ETL GE a few days ago about the state of the front lanes. We ran through the whole Be Bold garbage, but this wasn't even brought up. Are you sure it's not specific to your store due to shortage?

Our store only does this when the shortage indicator for CRC dips down into the yellow area

Our store is doing this as well. This is complete garbage. How much tape do we need?

dsFA7Wl.jpg

At the beginning of this fiscal year, the CRC and salvage process changed a bit back in Rev. Logistics. I'm not an expert but I believe the change is how they process it back there. Something about scanning all the items and a special bar code that ties it to that pallet. That way they should know exactly what is on the pallet. Again just from bits a pieces of what I hear.

AP wise we have been doing audits for a couple years at least. We scan the crc basket once or twice a day with a pda in audit mode. then look at our list to see if we are missing anything, if we are we try and find it. We usually find a couple mistakes a day, either something in the wrong bin or no LP, or duplicate LP.

Sounds like Outbound Tracking to me. Front-end shouldn't be impacted much, as reverse logistics scans their stuff in. It is possible to scan each item individually onto the CRC or salvage pallet, but if the process is being followed correctly the front-end will generate a "batch" at the end of each day when they close out their CRC and salvage boxes. At that point they send the boxes to the back, stage them on the pallet, and the next day reverse logistics makes sure the batch is scanned onto the pallet, no need to do it piece-by-piece.

If confused check the Workbench message boards for the Outbound Tracking messages, there were several for me that all had links to a guide. It wasn't too helpful, but had some basic information and pictures; I've been trying to get more useful information into the thread that @mrknownothing linked above.

Wow that sucks. As a Gstl at my store we do not have to scan every item we have now set an extra pallet in recieving as a pending pallet place our crc and salvage their and in the morning reverse logistics takes care of all scanning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back