Archived New Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone heard any details about new devices we are getting? An ETL told me we were getting rid of the my device and getting an android device. Anybody heard anything about this?

MyDevices are slated for End of Life soon. There are 3 different Android powered devices being piloted at stores as we speak right now vying for being the top pick. The selections are the Motorola TC70 (rugged version), Motorola TC55 (non-boot molding), and the Honeywell Dolphin 75e. Obviously with the two Motorola devices (upgraded version of the MC40 that was passed over years ago for the MyDevices) have removal batteries, and the Honeywell one does as well. CETerm/RFAPP's was integrated on the Android platform long ago with the MC40 and was in a working condition, it's just porting over myWork full functionality onto the new environment.

Looking forward to 2017.

Sarakiel

I heard we might be getting the zebra mc8000. This would make sense as our RFID devices are Zebras as well. I heard they were slated to rollout in June. This could be completely wrong but the source was a pretty reliable BP so we'll see.

MyDevices are slated for End of Life soon. There are 3 different Android powered devices being piloted at stores as we speak right now vying for being the top pick. The selections are the Motorola TC70 (rugged version), Motorola TC55 (non-boot molding), and the Honeywell Dolphin 75e. Obviously with the two Motorola devices (upgraded version of the MC40 that was passed over years ago for the MyDevices) have removal batteries, and the Honeywell one does as well. CETerm/RFAPP's was integrated on the Android platform long ago with the MC40 and was in a working condition, it's just porting over myWork full functionality onto the new environment.

Looking forward to 2017.

Sarakiel

I LOVE ANDROID.

This is what SHOULD have been done in the first place! I knew it would happen eventually, simply because iPod Touches are NOT meant for working retail environments such as ours. I imagine that once we do get new devices, the MC9200's will finally go away, as Zebra devices are meant to take the abuse and have removable batteries.

I like and use Apple products a lot. They're good for the right purpose. But I also feel like they don't work well for what Target wants to do and using it with the current systems was never going to work well.

Im sure Target had some sort of deal with Apple that made sense from a money standpoint. It was just executed very poorly.

Hopefully soon so SF stops taking all the PDAs. Had an argument with HLTL the other day because a brtm was left without a PDA their entire shift because she needed it for salesplanners! Could have at least given the boy her mydevice to backstock!

Although all complaints aside, he did a mighty fine job zoning 4 stockroom isles...:cool:

I like and use Apple products a lot. They're good for the right purpose. But I also feel like they don't work well for what Target wants to do and using it with the current systems was never going to work well.

Im sure Target had some sort of deal with Apple that made sense from a money standpoint. It was just executed very poorly.

Consumer devices should never be used in a production environment. They didn't even have the in-stocks and pricing programs written when they rolled these pieces of shit out. Spot considered it's production units afterthoughts. Spot took that pistol and pointed it straight down and shot their own people in the foot and hobbled them from the git go.

I think one of the most stupid ( and there are MANY stupid things about the Me Devices) they did was to keep taking APs from the PDA's when they knew the My Devices were crap & they were working on it's replacement. I am on the Presentation team & this is especially difficult for us. They took the tie function out of the PDA, so you need a My Device to tie anything you set & even though we were told that you'd be able to pull with them you CAN"T pull a batch with a My Device, so you need a PDA. You can't research, set capacities or make labels with a PDA, so at the end of your work you need a My Device again. We have been told ALL of this needs to be done (IE tying, dropping a batch, setting, pulling, pushing, research & capacities) and not being able to get proper equipment is NOT an acceptable excuse. Yesterday my ENTIRE store had 3 working My Devices! We are doing a HUGE Cosmetic reset so its a f&@*ing equipment nightmare.

I mean, the MyDevices are sleek and cool looking, and when they work like intended they're great. But having something that's built for exactly this is something we need, which the Zebras seem like they would be perfect for. The MyDevices work good for a few months and then suddenly shit themselves.

You know what would definitely help with battery life?

If the people are my store would fucking CLOSE THE APPS. Oh sure let's have MyStats, MyWork, Safari, Calculator, whatever the app for the RFID scan is, and about 3 other random things open. Yeah that's not gonna lag the fucking things.

TURNS OUT IT DOES.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back