New ETL Interviews

BackupTL

HQ Business Partner
Does anyone have any experience going through the new ETL Interviews? I heard the questions have changed away from the "tell me about a time" questions we are used to at all levels and onto a more inclusive question set.

Anyone who's done them, how was the interview and questions?

It looks like it's still a 3 round (A, B, C) format, but apparently it will be SD > DSD & HRBP > GVP/HRD now, which personally I think is insane.

Thanks for any insight on this!

Pretty much dialogue. How you facilitate to accomplish company goals , what motivates you , how you facilitate inclusivity , how you retain talent, where do you see yourself in 5 years and how you going to get there .

You need to interview as a etl . Next level leadership. If you are up for the interview that means your sd already said you are ready. They don’t want to hear how you finish truck , plano , price change and how fast you pick an order that’s low scope and that means you are just a super leading. but not etl next level thinking . Talk about inclusivity , culture , in terms of retain talent you do so by giving team members desirable hours , 30.60,90 check in , training, building relationships.

It’s based on the new etl interview guide which is no longer star questions and more dialogue. For example How do you facilitate solutions to accomplish company goals . How do you retain talent ( thru training , desired hours etc) . They can ask anything from what motivates you to how you inspire your team.

GVP and HRD? That’s wild! I recently went through my ETL interviews in March. They used the old guides so I have no experience with the new ones. I’m curious to know too!

Same here. Although, they did sprinkle in some dialogue, so maybe mine was more of a hybrid situation 🤷🏻‍♀️

Does anyone have any experience going through the new ETL Interviews? I heard the questions have changed away from the "tell me about a time" questions we are used to at all levels and onto a more inclusive question set.

Anyone who's done them, how was the interview and questions?

It looks like it's still a 3 round (A, B, C) format, but apparently it will be SD > DSD & HRBP > GVP/HRD now, which personally I think is insane.

Thanks for any insight on this!
Like @CoquiAzul, my interviews in March used the old guides (and for that matter, I only had 2 interviews - one with a SD and the final with my DSD/HRBP.

Like @CoquiAzul, my interviews in March used the old guides (and for that matter, I only had 2 interviews - one with a SD and the final with my DSD/HRBP.
Small update, I'm doing my first with an SD and it's off of guide B, so hopefully I get the same treatment and guide C is the final with district.

My first two interviews were Situation, Behavior, Outcome, ie basically STAR. First two (phone screen followed by interview) were with the recruiter. The next will be with a SD, followed by one with a DSD/HRBP (or HRD, can't remember).

Last edited:
I just followed up with my recruiter. He confirmed it will be primarily still STAR based questions. My plan is prepare story-based responses while still potentially keeping the door open for dialogue based questions

Back