Archived NEw ETL (Not sure about Position what are my options)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am a recent college grad and new ETL at Target (fourth Month).
I not sure the retail community is for me based on my experience so far. I am interested in becoming an HRBP. Who should I speak too? is this move too soon?

You could talk to stl or dtl. It may take 18 months. Etl hr jobs are supposed be gone by 2018, at the store level.

I am interested in becoming an HRBP. Who should I speak too?

Not to kill your dreams but the step before hrbp is to be an hr district resource.

You will need to be a successful etl at minimum two different assignments before you are considered for it.

You could talk to stl or dtl. It may take 18 months. Etl hr jobs are supposed be gone by 2018, at the store level.
So what'll end up with the current ETL HRs? Move down to a Sr.? We just got a new ETL HR, didn't hire him internally and I would hate to see him gone in less than a year lol

I thought it was just low volume stores? That's pretty crazy. I was told by my etls that A and above were going to be keeping the ETL HR position.

I don't get target at all, hardworking people get over looked. Their experience means nothing when target hires externally and doesn't promote from within. I think that will be targets downfall. Over looking it's most valuable asset. The people who work for/at target.

I don't get target at all, hardworking people get over looked. Their experience means nothing when target hires externally and doesn't promote from within. I think that will be targets downfall. Over looking it's most valuable asset. The people who work for/at target.

While what you say is generally true, hardworking =/= good leader.

The external hire trend is a valid concern, as there are many proven capable leaders already in stores.

That being said, HR is not a good direction to look up to at target, they are moving towards the industry standard which is generally 1 to 2 generalists per region, leaving a large gap of current employees to be placed before you would ever get a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back