Archived New flexible team leader.help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for tips tricks. What to look for on Greenfield. Suggestions.what kind of expectations to set?

I'm looking for tips tricks. What to look for on Greenfield. Suggestions.what kind of expectations to set?

Look at the opu and sfs reports weekly if metrics are green. If red check daily to see how your tending and to coach team. I do it every Monday and send a recap to leads/leaders.

As far as expectations asants... I timed myself picking and packing and hold them to that time. For me it's picking a batch in 30-40 minutes with it being closer to 30 and packing a cart in 20 minutes.

Follow the thread that hardlinesmaster posted.. always great info being posted.

And if you will be doing the ordering keep up with it.. running out of supplies sucks lol.

And if you will be doing the ordering keep up with it.. running out of supplies sucks lol.
And if you have the space, aim to keep double the amount that’s recommended for your volume.

If you don’t have the space, fight for it because you’ll need it anyways in November.

1: Train your smartest/best TM's on Presentation/Plano. 2:
Look at the opu and sfs reports weekly if metrics are green. If red check daily to see how your tending and to coach team. I do it every Monday and send a recap to leads/leaders.

As far as expectations asants... I timed myself picking and packing and hold them to that time. For me it's picking a batch in 30-40 minutes with it being closer to 30 and packing a cart in 20 minutes.

Follow the thread that hardlinesmaster posted.. always great info being posted.

I will create a new acronym and say ABANTS. All batches are, not, the same.

And if you have the space, aim to keep double the amount that’s recommended for your volume.

If you don’t have the space, fight for it because you’ll need it anyways in November.

This, cause we just got a new TL and he told me "Oh I did the order last week. I was told to order once a month." Um dude the STL is a dumbass, I write an order every week and this is when I am doubling some stuff, cause it will not be like last year where we were padding boxes with trash plastic from the truck push. And using boxes from the cages to mail stuff out. Not going to happen so just order what I tell you.

Flow TL is on board, since he was SFSTL, and understands and will not put up much of a fight for a few pallet spaces.

Make sure you know your stores layout and the time it should take to do an average cart. In many stores that's 30 min. There are stores with quirks like elevators, or odd layouts that bump that time up to 35 min. The first week I give new TM 50 min for a cart and let them know it's because they don't know the store. But everyone has no more than 3 min to find a Hardlines item 4-5 for softlines. So times over 90 min for a cart is an immediate write-up. Write-ups for lack of communication, not sharing the RFID, excessive INF, or keying in an item DCPI without advanced warning.

All batches are not the same and people should communicate if they have a 49 item batch or it's softlines heavy as those are likely to take longer.

Packing a cart should average 20-25 min a cart, anything over 30 min is a write-up. Usually new people get 35-40 min the first week, but anything longer than that is a write-up.

4th quarter I have them write their name on the carts and keep a log of the carts they finish on them. There are way too many slackers in Q4 and they are easy to hide in the hustle, if people can't write the name on a cart and take responsibility for their work repeatedly something is hiding.

The most common box size is 439, soon to be 438, order an extra pallet of those every order if your volume is anywhere close to 800+ a day. Volume close to 1000-1300 go through a pallet a day, at least here, even though the audit says you need more 278 trade that space for an extra 285 and 439. 1000+ volume can get away with an order every 2 weeks with 30 pallet spaces, if you have 20 pallet spaces assume an order every week.

Corporate keeps updating the prep stations and how to prep so expect some movement on that.

Depending on the STL they may have unrealistic expectations especially if things fall in late at night and nobody is paying attention.

Last edited:
Bump.

So I was just recently promoted from TM to TL of an "enhanced SFS". I'm changing stores along with this move, but it I don't officially move to the new store and start training until about a week. I'm always staying up-to-date with our MEGA - Fulfilment thread, but does anybody else have some more advice for me? Maybe some specifics that relate to all TM moving up to a TL. Things to expect/ say or do?

My previous store did around 200-250 a day and I'm going to a store w/about 1200 a day. Super excited but also nervous. In some ways, it feel like I have no idea what I'm walking into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back