Archived New grocery positions soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant it's an odd time to start if they don't have an overnight process.

Wondering if they are normally 4am/6am. And as I typed that I realized it wouldn't make sense since they still need to wait for flow to unload the truck...

I read it the other way.

im thinking with 10 people that would be too much at my store. but they want it to work which is why they arent hiring from outside.

im thinking with 10 people that would be too much at my store. but they want it to work which is why they arent hiring from outside.
10 people to pull the overnight auto pulls push them and the GM truck plus the FDC truck that's not enough people.

We have 5 right now just for the FDC truck

Last edited:
My store hung them up in every bathroom stall. Can you say desperate?

I mean someone in there is bound to give a shit or two.

Myself and a fellow In-Stocks tm were chosen to train everyone joining this new market team. In essence we had to teach hardlines, in-stocks, backroom, and presentaion to everyone [including the preexisting pFresh tms to a degree]. Initially I was told the team would be 10-12 tms but it has changed to 8-10.

We received 42 of those U-boats. Enough to have a least one for every aisle when unloading the truck. Everyone is suppose to help push and zone as they go. The 4ft shelf section you're stocking, the one above, and one below. Then break off into two teams. One will research and the other will backstock.

After pushing and researching we're responsible for backstocking, zoning, reshop, guests calls, etc. "This is your area, you own it. Everything related to market you guys will be responsible for."

Market Team to Target is as Texas to The United States of America. pFresh tms still do their own thing and have gone practically un-phased by the pilot [for now]. We've taught them everything we showed the trainees including mydevices as needed yet no one has taught us anything about pFresh. We were told pFresh would merge with us and make this one cohesive team yet the training given is lopsided.

I may have forgotten to mention some details though feel free to ask any questions.

Last edited:
We received 42 of those U-boats. Enough to have a least one for every aisle when unloading the truck.
How big are those and where do you put them when not in use?

We already have an excessive amount of vehicles in the backroom, even after getting rid of a bunch of old tubs and most of our silver racks.

How big are those and where do you put them when not in use?

We already have an excessive amount of vehicles in the backroom, even after getting rid of a bunch of old tubs and most of our silver racks.

Silver racks?

Retail_Backroom_11.jpg

About 1.75-2ft width by 7-7.5ft length by 6ft height. Now imagine removable, red shelves that hang on the middle and top horizontal bars. Half of our U-Boat have one shelf but I don't know if that was intentional or our SFT stored the rest elsewhere.

We have one of if not the largest backroom in the district and find ways to keep them out of our way. Even still we asked our SFT to only build 25 until we need the rest. Wish the beverage vendors would leave them alone. They've gotten to comfortable with them to the point of storing 5-8 of them in their steal by receiving. It's fine for now since we're abundant but when the truck goes day-side I better not have to throw cases of soda on the ground de-merch a dozen U-boats.

Last edited:
Silver racks?

Retail_Backroom_11.jpg

About 1.75-2ft width by 7-7.5ft length by 6ft height. Now imagine removable, red shelves that hang on the middle and top horizontal bars. Half of our U-Boat have one shelf but I don't know if that was intentional or our SFT stored the rest elsewhere.

We have one of if not the largest backroom in the district and find ways to keep them out of our way. Even still we asked our SFT to only build 25 until we need the rest. Wish the beverage vendors would leave them alone. They've gotten to comfortable with them to the point of storing 5-8 of them in their steal by receiving. It's fine for now since we're abundant but when the truck goes day-side I better not have to throw cases of soda on the ground de-merch a dozen U-boats.
Ok yeah those are the ones we use at my grocery store. And they are a massive pain in the ass when all of them are shoved into the backroom there.

Everyone who joined the new team was given little to no notice. No change of work center in ehr or schedule in tsc. Lods instructing tms to work market reshop without expressing its for Consumables and not simply Hardlines. I would have tms walk up to me saying they were instructed to do so but given no reason; "you're in market now, go see Kroneru." No communication led to a lot of disgruntlement the first two weeks. We synthesize information among ourselves as different tms are told various things from various leaders. There has never been a hundle for new and old market tms explaining what the pilot was and when it will go live.

10 people to pull the overnight auto pulls push them and the GM truck plus the FDC truck that's not enough people.

We have 5 right now just for the FDC truck
please for my store 10 people would rock! we do CNS/FDC with 2 people and NEVER finish unless the order is under 300 AND it arrive before or RIGHT at 8am. if not, NOPE! so with 10 people, i cant see there being any more issue.

Still have yet to hear about this in store.

Same here. I'm reading all these posts and I've heard absolutely nothing about PFresh or Market expanding its team or changing routines. And let's just say that I would be one of the first (or should be) to hear about it at my store.

No team here but my FDC must think we have A team. We are receiving about 2 more pallets than normal now we get 10 to 11 pallets 4 days a week with 4 TMs that includes the PA to push while 2 of those only work 5.5 hours.

omg! you must have a really high volume store to be getting that many pallets. we typically do 6 at the MOST. our weekday order is like 275~350 and a weekend order about 500.

Pilot phase drawing to a close. Haven't trained a sole in a month and that was the primary reason of my recruitment. 1-2 weeks left and they are just now having this team break down the produce and dairy pallets onto u-boats "to see how it goes." Ass backwards as always.

My store is coming online with this officially Monday. Too bad the fastest flow backroom people aren't pulling grocery anymore, it's a nightmare.

We got the shipment of german submarines earlier this week, started using them the past 2 days.
Our SF-ETL told us before we got them that they are great and are going to make it easier for us, obviously he had no idea and was just relaying what corp email told him.

These things are a gigantic pointless pain in the ass. They hold no more than the red tubs while at the same time being a safety issue because of the thin shelves that require us to single stack boxes ontop of each other and there's no side braces.
They are only good for backstocking food still in boxes, we have to use a tri level for stuff like yogurt cups or bags of cheese only to realize it's now taking up more room in the dairy cooler than if we just ignored the uboat and brought out a tub with a shelf attached.
The poor bastards in the morning tried to do freezer autofills with these things only for all the waffles and frozen dinners that have a thin layer of ice on the boxes slip and slide off the shelves onto the floor every 5 seconds.

All they had to do was make a heavy duty green rack and paint it red instead we got these things. It wouldn't be so bad if their width was doubled.

Attachments

• uship.png
    uship.png
    62.6 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
I thought the uboats were for dry push and not pfresh? I think the green racks would be better for pfresh.

I thought the uboats were for dry push and not pfresh? I think the green racks would be better for pfresh.

They are. The metro racks have that antimicrobial coating, plus the way they're structured makes more sense for pushing openstock P-Fresh than a u-boat would.

They tried making us use them to push/backstock freezer and dairy. Which just isn't working out. We only use green racks to push/backstock produce, meat, and deli. Red tubs for everything else.

Last edited:
Its not adding positions. The flow team will no longer stock the dry grocery items off of the GM trailer. Nor will they stock dairy and frozen. Its more of a shift of payroll from one team to another.
Yup and the killed our Flow and BR team to do it. Took away 1/5th of flow hours and nearly a 1/4th of BR to do it, way more then it takes to pull, push and backstock. Really butchered the Flow process, had to re-do the way trucks unload and breakout is done because of it. Backroom having issues dealing with backline because the majority of blackline is not from grocery...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back