Archived New grocery positions soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the new grocery "makeover" ETL confirmed guaranteed 35-38 hrs a week. Got a feeling the pay is shit tho. Like n05 (between sales floor and flow)

What do you mean by positions? Do you mean adding more tms?
Grocery is going to be it's own department somewhat. Only grocery TMs will pull and work grocery. Only grocery TMs will work the grocery freight that comes in. Its a good idea in theory because it might eliminate error in a few ways but it just causes more headaches o_O

Hopefully this means Target is willing to invest more into grocery and not continue half assing it like they are now.

Also is this a test or company rollout? I haven't heard anything about it.

Last edited:
Hopefully this means Target is willing to invest more into grocery and not continue half assing it like they are now.

Also is this a test or company rollout? I haven't heard anything about it.

I heard it was a test with my store being one of them

Our store resources (staff) would be stretched thin if this happened.

Now, if they pulled 1-2 people from BR and rotated them into the Grocery team - that would be smarter than tossing random flow team members into the BR.

I heard it was a test with my store being one of them
I was aware it's a full company rollout. Our store will be doing it very soon. I'll be gone but I can only imagine this will help Target somewhat. Flow doesn't know what they're doing half the time in market

I was aware it's a full company rollout. Our store will be doing it very soon. I'll be gone but I can only imagine this will help Target somewhat. Flow doesn't know what they're doing half the time in market
I mean, what're the chances that flow TMs already working good trucks are going to become those market team members?

Do NOT believe the 35-38 hours a a week. Sure during the rollout your good, but after that you are just another department that will have hours slashed. The PAs will continue to get their hours but the rest of the team does not. closer to 25 or so is realistic. You can however pick up hours in other work centers..

According to my HR, once you are grocery in this roll out you will only be grocery, no more working in other work centers. Not sure how accurate this is however...
Very doubtful. The only positions that applies to are AP, and for good reason. It wouldn't really make any sense at all.

anticipates obligatory But That's Target For Ya! response

Your HR is wrong, period. You cannot have more than 50% of your hours in another work center though. 30-35 hours a week is laughable. If you have 2 PAs and 1 TL thats 120 hours right there. You will be closing down the grocery side by 8-9 pm even if you are an 11pm store. There is no more nightly zone in food. It is to be done throughout the day. Anyone who has been with Target for more than a year knows there is no such thing as guaranteed full time to anyone except TLS and PMT. Even then 32 hours is full time not 40. Do not believe anyone who tries to blow that smoke up your bullseye.

So looks like for the first portion of the roll out my store is getting close to 800 hours and are currently in the process to hire 20 new tms just for grocery alone. After time I see hours getting cut however...

for the stores involed we are a test district for the dedicated market team. SO! yes, market will have a team 10 at my store who will push market freight CNS/FDS deliveries. also target will have u frames for only markets use. flow wont have to push market anymore, but i wonder how that will effect them? in anycase back to the topic at hand: at my store at least market will have 10 team members including the PAs, this will go towards the push and backstock. as for hours im curious how they will do it, and how it will change after 4th quarter. now 1 change for backroom, will be the produce cooler will be LOCU and left "empty". the product will be brought out each morning and all of it challenged to the floor and then returned. only bottled drinks will be located. it will be interesting to say the least.

For the produce cooler I challenge and subt everything in there on non truck days. It's easy do 1 4 ft section at a time just subt what you need. I get it all pushed by myself in about 1 hour including all the grapes and berries on the tubs.

I heard the first districts to try this thought it was a disaster, but then again they are the districts that are not very operationally sound. They already struggled getting freight worked so it was all a wash. I think it can work very well. Essentially, they are making it possible to take a bit more time with the freight (graying the deadline passed 8am) and allowing them to push more accurately and even fifo when appropriate. Its the same idea with SL's working their racks, allow them to properly merchandise it since before the TL's had to rework entire areas that the flow team packed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back