Archived New grocery positions soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, looks like they're testing making dry grocery do things the way Meat does things. Considering that we're supposed to be a test store and hours dropped nearly 50% on the newest schedule, I wonder if our rollout got delayed/cancelled... or if someone on the District level just screwed up big time.

If this is what I think it is, my store has being piloting this for a few months. I'm usually on the other side of the store so I can't speak as to how effective it is or is not for Grocery, but our backroom has seen their hours cut a bit (though offers were made to some of that team to have them work as part of the new team) to give that team more hours.

My understanding is that we did get some new hours to implement this, but that ultimately a majority of the hours (and team) were pulled from backroom and flow team. Part of the team moving is that my ETL Grocery hates fresh hires.

Last edited:
Our store has been apart of the pilot for over a month. Been told it will go into full effect at September's end or beginning of October.

My store has put little fliers at the check lanes that say we're hiring people for our grocery team. I'm not sure how much we're expanding though considering that our current staff is just three people.

My store has put little fliers at the check lanes that say we're hiring people for our grocery team. I'm not sure how much we're expanding though considering that our current staff is just three people.

My store hung them up in every bathroom stall. Can you say desperate?

Its not adding positions. The flow team will no longer stock the dry grocery items off of the GM trailer. Nor will they stock dairy and frozen. Its more of a shift of payroll from one team to another.

I have not heard anything about this.

Is this a company wide roll out? Don't want to be blindsided by this.
It's currently being tested in some stores. No word yet on whether it will be a company-wide thing or not.

I spoke to some of my former team members and from what I heard they are going back to how it was when we first rolled out pfresh. On truck days wthe pfresh team will unload and push the c&s truck then half the team will backstock while the other half push dry grocery. Team will be coming in at 3am with most working till 11 then have a mid and a closer.

Just heard about this yesterday from our TL, he mentioned something about Pfresh, Consumables, and Backroom TMs all being combined into 1 large team which is being rolled out nationwide. He talked to us about hours increase but didn't say anything about a pay raise.:rolleyes:

I'd really like to know what the new shift times would be.

Last edited:
Team will be coming in at 3am with most working till 11 then have a mid and a closer.
Is it normally an overnight flow store? 3am seems like an odd time to start.

Unload is pretty much the same. You will be putting the grocery items on Uboats. They are thinner so the team member can push it right into the aisle during store hours and no disruption to guest. There is also a place to put cardboard on them. They are pretty nice. The grocery team has a much longer time to complete the truck. They are suppose to be zoning as they go (no more nightly zone) and of course be a presence for the guest. They will do all of the scanning (for outs) and pulling them as well. Your TL and ETL team will figure out after a few weeks how many people you need at different points during the day. PLEASE do not go into the grocery team expecting 32+ hours a week. The first month is great, then reality will set in.

Is it normally an overnight flow store? 3am seems like an odd time to start.

For C&S not strange. Our flow team is usually gone by 4am. market is usually the last thing besides cosmetics if they didn't finish for the night. So having just the C&S crew come in at 3am isn't crazy. But it will screw all the morning process teams, pricing, In-stocks from ever having a chance with charged equipment.

For C&S not strange. Our flow team is usually gone by 4am. market is usually the last thing besides cosmetics if they didn't finish for the night. So having just the C&S crew come in at 3am isn't crazy. But it will screw all the morning process teams, pricing, In-stocks from ever having a chance with charged equipment.
I meant it's an odd time to start if they don't have an overnight process.

Wondering if they are normally 4am/6am. And as I typed that I realized it wouldn't make sense since they still need to wait for flow to unload the truck...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back