New guy here

Hey guys, I was just hired as a grocery Merchandise Expert, was originally looking for cashier but they thought I would be a good fit for this position. I’ve read the job description taken the tour with the manger but I was curious to what a day in the life of a 6am to 2pm merchandise expert is truly like. I haven’t done anything like this before. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.. I would like to be great at this. Btw they said I would be in consumables most likely

Every day:
‘Guests firsts, zone, 1:1 pull and push, reshop, back up cashier, truck push, backstock, audit for data accuracy, f & b daily audit, price change, pog, assist fulfillment with locating items. 6:00 at your store may or may not include truck unload/C&S delivery/vendor assist.

Training may be lacking - be sure to ask questions.

Understand going in itll seem overwhelming and your training never really ends, ask questions, use the training shifts to learn the basics and set a solid foundation, then expand your learning from there. Try and ask questions that explain why things are done and not just how to do them. Come back and ask more questions here once you get the basics as well. Good luck.

Thanks a million! I’ll def check back in, wed is orientation then I should start shortly after they said

original.gif

Welcome-Aboard-Devid-Tennant-On-Doctor-Who.gif

Back