New guy making use of target forward

bvb

Hey ya, I'm new. Just joined Target. I picked Target because I'm trying to make use of Target's new "Target Forward" program so I can get training and move my way up the ladder.

Last edited:
It’s not illegal for YOU to do the training off the clock, it is illegal for TARGET to have not paid you to work, and it is a huge deal. You will get in some form of trouble for doing them from home.
It's a slippery slope for you to do work from home. You need to maintain a work-life balance which is why I have never wanted to work from home.

IMHO if Target doesn't give you enough time to do training during the normal workday they don't think it is important.

Target told you not to do it from home and would know exactly when you are logged into the network anyway.

I would talk to your supervisor, to set some time aside. There are also time restrictions on how fast you can advance. You said you were new, but college, yes even marriage can be used to advance (harder if single). Been there, done that, I stepped down, so that my time is mine. But good luck to you.

It’s not illegal for YOU to do the training off the clock, it is illegal for TARGET to have not paid you to work, and it is a huge deal. You will get in some form of trouble for doing them from home.
Not some sort of problem simply get Fired

That's taking it a bit too far. Almost an insult to your store manager.
They even start of the conversation with "please fill out a punch correction since I'm calling you at home.". It's not an insult, it's courtesy. There is a reason I am paid by the hour, if they wanted me to be at their beckoned call they'd put me on salary.

I did some training yesterday I noticed a message about how not to do this off the clock.

I have never noticed that in the past.
Yes on the right side should be a box telling you not to train off the clock because I recall a brief trial of Training @ Home where you just received a punch correction for the time you stated.

Back