Archived New here and at Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning/Evening/Afternoon, to anyone who just so happens to view this thread. I'm not really all that good when it comes to introduction threads but, my name is Night and feel free to call me that. I'm new here and just started working at Target. Well...more like I finished my Orientation 2 days ago and just so happened to stumble upon this website while looking for help.

I look forward to receiving answers to any questions I have and possibly answering others questions myself.

I do have a question that I hoped to have answer while in this thread though. I finished my Orientation, as I said, two days ago. I have a friend that works at Target, but in the DC area. He received his schedule on the day of orientation and worked the day after it. At ours, we didn't receive our schedule and there was much going on while we were getting ready to leave. So, I'm not sure if she said they would call us to start our training or what. Embarrassing since I should've listened and wrote it down. But I don't know what to do. All targets are different, correct? So, should I call up to the Target and asked if I have a schedule ready or...just wait til they call me? I don't want to get fired before I even start working.

I would go in to check the schedule.
If you are not on it, talk to the ETL HR and find out what the plan is going to be.

Welcome to The Break Room.

I would go in to check the schedule.
If you are not on it, talk to the ETL HR and find out what the plan is going to be.

Welcome to The Break Room.

This. Corvus beat me to it :D

Welcome to Spot and the Break room :) enjoy the training weeks and stay sharp there's plenty to learn.

Welcome to The Break Room! I would contact your HR if you didn't get your training schedule at orientation. What workcenter will you be in?

Welcome to The Break Room! I would contact your HR if you didn't get your training schedule at orientation. What workcenter will you be in?

Thank you~
Workcenter? I assume you mean which location the Target is...

No, workcenter is what job you do in the store, i.e. cashier, hardlines, softlines, carts, backroom, flow team, etc.

Oh okay. I'm starting Softlines. Being new to this whole thing, I don't really know much just yet.

Edit: Okay, I just called up to the target I'm working at and she did confirm that they will call us when they have a training schedule ready.
Also, thanks everyone to the Welcomes so far~

Last edited:
Better safe than sorry.
Good luck.
Check out our softlines thread once you've had some training.

Then after Night's had her first horrible day she'll run screaming into the.......uh, wait....

Now I don't know I should be scared or not. Especially since I start work today. My first training day.
I'm already scared/nervous I might mess up or something x_x

Then after Night's had her first horrible day she'll run screaming into the.......uh, wait....

Now I don't know I should be scared or not. Especially since I start work today. My first training day.
I'm already scared/nervous I might mess up or something x_x

Don't worry, you'll be fine.
The first day is a bit overwhelming but there isn't really much you can do 'wrong'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back