New Hire & What I Have Noticed

Hello everyone, I was offered a position at a Target Food DC and it says Warehouse Worker on the offer letter, but I noticed the description for Associate and Warehouse Worker is the same. The orientation is soon.

Is it possible I can still be put in packing? I'm excited to see where they will place me. 4hr expected orientation time.

Thanks in advance and any other information you can give will be nice. I have never used a Forklift but I did use a Pallet Jack before.

Im always willing to learn and be busy.

Welcome!
I could be wrong, but I don’t believe FDCs have a packing department, so I’m not sure what an associate would do there if they have them.
(Just because it resembles a real name, if your username is your name, you’re gonna want to change it)

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I was offered a position at a Target Food DC and it says Warehouse Worker on the offer letter, but I noticed the description for Associate and Warehouse Worker is the same. The orientation is soon.

Is it possible I can still be put in packing? I'm excited to see where they will place me. 4hr expected orientation time.

Thanks in advance and any other information you can give will be nice. I have never used a Forklift but I did use a Pallet Jack before.

Im always willing to learn and be busy.
Only sure thing is if you’re offered warehouse worker you’ll be a warehouse worker.

Welcome!
I could be wrong, but I don’t believe FDCs have a packing department, so I’m not sure what an associate would do there if they have them.
(Just because it resembles a real name, if your username is your name, you’re gonna want to change it)
Thank you. It's not my name. I appreciate your response.

FDCs do not have packing (associates).
What exactly you do will depend on the FDC. They vary greatly in terms of setup.
If you dont mind the cold, working in the freezer pays the most. You can be making $30 an hour in there.

If you are in inbound you will be pulling pallets off using forklifts and then doing miscellaneous tasks like verifying quantities etc. And staging it for the correct area.
If you are outbound you are loading pre-made pallets into Target trailers among some other things.

Its the warehouse side that varies the most depending on location. The newest FDC they "built" (retrofitted from an existing building) has zero automation, all of it is manual.
Some FDCs have a lot of automation.
For the RDC guys imagine instead of carrying a cage cart on an order picker you are walking a mezzanine following a cage cart that is hanging on an automatic path and you are picking from pallets on either side, following it as it goes.

FDCs are great places. Especially the QC roles where you get paid to test the food all day 👍very interesting aspect of Targets business.

FDCs do not have packing (associates).
What exactly you do will depend on the FDC. They vary greatly in terms of setup.
If you dont mind the cold, working in the freezer pays the most. You can be making $30 an hour in there.

If you are in inbound you will be pulling pallets off using forklifts and then doing miscellaneous tasks like verifying quantities etc. And staging it for the correct area.
If you are outbound you are loading pre-made pallets into Target trailers among some other things.

Its the warehouse side that varies the most depending on location. The newest FDC they "built" (retrofitted from an existing building) has zero automation, all of it is manual.
Some FDCs have a lot of automation.
For the RDC guys imagine instead of carrying a cage cart on an order picker you are walking a mezzanine following a cage cart that is hanging on an automatic path and you are picking from pallets on either side, following it as it goes.

FDCs are great places. Especially the QC roles where you get paid to test the food all day 👍very interesting aspect of Targets business.
Thank you. It sounds interesting. Excited to see what will be my duties.

Back