Archived New Instocks Best Practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question - new BP for instocks came out in December 2011. Anybody have a quick breakdown or any insight into any notable changes?

I just found out today that next week (the week of Jan 8) that NO OUTS will be scanned. They are testing removing outs in 300 stores and that next week, for one week only, we would be participating as well. I am a new TL so I wonder what sort of other changes are going to be coming down the pipe.

I just found out today that next week (the week of Jan 8) that NO OUTS will be scanned. They are testing removing outs in 300 stores and that next week, for one week only, we would be participating as well. I am a new TL so I wonder what sort of other changes are going to be coming down the pipe.

How do we know if we are one of them? Communication from the top down has become a joke at our store. My own TL didn't know we had a change.

Our store stopped shooting outs some time ago. I did hear that wig he new system update you will be able to check to see if endcaps were set in the correct spot or something along those lines

I never understood why outs should even be necessary. Why aren't those items falling into the autofills?? Is that something that has been fixed?

Good, with the really great zoning we have in our store (sarcasism) Instocks pretty much just drives me nuts all together.

Good, with the really great zoning we have in our store (sarcasism) Instocks pretty much just drives me nuts all together.

What does this mean? I'm curious as to what your workcenter is.

I never understood why outs should even be necessary. Why aren't those items falling into the autofills?? Is that something that has been fixed?

Nope. Well, not always. If the system only works where you will have zero backstock and fills every out every time.

For example, pfresh has a huge problem with outs. Other areas I have seen constant outs not being taken care by cafs are paper, bedding, entertainment, toys, housewares, pets. Chemicals, hba, pharmacy and market are not too bad.

Last edited:
I was only at part of huddle today and when there only heard parts of it so I could be completely wrong with this. What I heard them say was that the only thing instocks would be doing now is research, 100% of the time and nothing else.

I was only at part of huddle today and when there only heard parts of it so I could be completely wrong with this. What I heard them say was that the only thing instocks would be doing now is research, 100% of the time and nothing else.

Way it should be, IMO.

I love it how corp changes something and says that it's going to make things so much better and then a little while later goes right back to doing it the old way. This doesn't have anything to do with instocks but this just made me mad. I read in the food ave transition guide that the deli team would now be making the sandwiches for food ave and why it's better this way. The funny thing is I read probably like 3 years ago the exact opposite, that the food ave team would take over food ave sandwich production and the many benefits of it. So stupid. Uggh

I will ck on Friday. Hey rock! Something new in instocks is happening..

I don't know, I'll have to check when I have time next! I have been a bit wrapped up with other stuff in my store, I haven't had time in a few weeks to snoop on workbench :)

I'll say that my store most times is too high volume to be affected by these changes, so its not really surprising that nobody within my store would have mentioned this (since ULV stores seem to change their routines every few months now when it comes to the process)... I have already said what I think should happen to the process :)

Its a bit more complicated of an issue than that! I will say that in a store that has its processes near perfect and TMs making very few mistakes, that OUTs can be pointless... however MANY stores can't guarantee that their TMs aren't messing things up, which is what makes it necessary!

As a low-level TM on my store's Instocks team who hasn't been there terribly long, what could this possibly mean for me? As it is I generally stick to OUTS and RIGS and the other person scanning that day hits the RSCH and OUTS. I've been told I excel at OUTS according to my numbers so I think they really want me to stick on that while the more experienced team members do the RSCH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back