Archived New Jacks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Targe

O/N Flow TM/Backroom Slug
Taking a break from the Trans-bathroom talks...

So, although this may not be a big deal to many of the members of Target, let alone the site, it can be a big deal for Flow teams, receivers, and backroom teams.

The big deal? New jacks.

I am not sure if this is company wide, but, after a surprise the other day, and a talk with our PMT, we apparently are going to start straying away from Crown pallet jacks.

The PMT had said that Crown discontinued the series that our store (And many others) uses, and had decided to go through a different vendor: Yale

Now, these WP_20160512_001.jpg

(I will do some cross referencing to confirm this.)

Now, these bumblebee yellow jacks are different from the Crowns we are used to, here are some differences I had noticed upon extensively testing this guy out.

-Textured rubbery/plasticish grip
-Higher capacity (5500 Lbs v. 2200, 5000 on newer PTH models)
-The god awful yellow
-Does well on snow accumulation
-Feels like it wants to fall apart, though is built reasonable (so far)

I will add on to this thread later. Feel free to help correct my post, while making me a dumbass in the process.

And a bonus:

WP_20160501_002.jpg

Last edited:
I believe it has something to do with a contract with Crown or something..

We all got surprised with a brand new Yale Pallet Jack, which is fricken huge and actually quite scary to use in our tiny backroom, mine as well be a forklift.

As of last Saturday, we haven't had one of these Yale jacks, but I'll take a look when I go in today. Very much hoping that we're not. Do you know when the crown was discontinued? Because I seem to remember us getting a replacement crown pallet jack within the last 6 months.

ok queen of memes here i goooooooo >>>>>

wzPwG.jpg

t5brt.jpg

t9606.jpg

i want a pink or green one...
nRwQdIV.jpg

880fddab677e77d32bc73d5ca99e0b40.jpg

Do you know when the crown was discontinued? Because I seem to remember us getting a replacement crown pallet jack within the last 6 months.

The PTH series jacks (AKA: Crown jack) are still on their website, which makes me think the PMT is full of shit/underinformed, or Crown has not updated their site.

We had two replacement jacks after the holidays wrapped up, so if they "discontinued" the Crown jacks, it would've been fairly recently.

I thought this thread was going to be about that "Jack" (we all know who I am talking about) I was literally like "What the fuck has he done now?"
Omg me too.

I've used both brands over the years at various jobs. They both suck equally.

Heard about this have no idea when my store is getting some. Could use some new jacks 2 out of the 6 are pretty questionable...

Am I the only one who thought the thread was going to be about this?

Just me?
Okay sorry, carry on.

I thought this thread was going to be about that "Jack" (we all know who I am talking about) I was literally like "What the fuck has he done now?"
Totally why I clicked on the thread lol!! They look cool!
Do they come in orange?

The PTH series jacks (AKA: Crown jack) are still on their website, which makes me think the PMT is full of shit/underinformed, or Crown has not updated their site.

it might be a specific vendor that is being used

Target move to Yale for stackers and jacks due to them having a lower cost then crown. Crown will still supply waves.

I believe it has something to do with a contract with Crown or something..
That makes sense. Same reason we replaced all of the bathroom paper towel dispensers last year.

Our store doesn't have any of them yet, still using the Crown jacks. Even though half of them are broken in some way.

The crown jacks are really, really nice as long as you maintain them. If you keep the hydraulic fluid filled and keep the wheels greased once a month they work well and last forever. If your PMT is old school they prob do this. Newer ones probably do not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back