Archived New leadership positions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that stores that are full end to end have different kinds of new TL roles now
I was wondering if anyone has a list of the new positions and what there roles are now
Specifically with logistics and market.
Because my store is still in the starting phases of it and when i asked my ETL about promoting to flow/inbound TL after my current TL announced there retiring from target. My ETL said he has to wait before doing any kind of promotions because hes not sure what leadership roles well be available when we go fully end to end after the holidays

I know that stores that are full end to end have different kinds of new TL roles now
I was wondering if anyone has a list of the new positions and what there roles are now
Because my store is still in the starting phases of it and when i asked my ETL about promoting to flow/inbound TL after my current TL announced there retiring from target. My ETL said he has to wait before doing any kind of promotions because hes not sure what leadership roles well be available when we go fully end to end after the holidays
I’m logistics TL , my roles are backroom quantity audit, 13 steps , brla( that’s the big one) fallowing up on all item scans report, flex fill, rtsk, sweep, mirs, recalls , pulls, backstock , stocking, item merge

Logistics is going away. They will become general merchandise TL. Depending on your store organization chart that will depend on how many GMTl you will have.

Logistics is going away. They will become general merchandise TL. Depending on your store organization chart that will depend on how many GMTl you will have.

If logistics is going away who well be in charge of the inbound team

So why did they bother renaming Flow to Inbound if they're just going to push all of Inbound into General Merchandise? If everyone has their own specific department, who is throwing the truck and sorting the line?

If they say that there going to just schedule random hardlines tms for the unload every day and just a random gmtl well watch it. Im going to cry

When our district went through it some stores lost TL's

Inbound operations TL (1 of the GMLs) will oversee the unload (unload sort) process. 1 thrower, 5 sorters, 1 bulk runner (if your lucky), 2 SL sorters (3 if your lucky).

Truck unload takes multiple hrs. The sort means everything. Including repacks and transition. Plastics is detrashed on the line. Bulk runner will push PIPO as it comes off the truck, along with unboxed product like infant furn, furn, plastic (now that it’s detrashed).

Every box on that truck has a specific place on a specific vehicle it has to be placed. The inbound TL audits the sort.

You will get new custom block signs. One hangs from above and one attaches to the vehicle using Velcro (make sure they match). They will constantly fall off and get lost. Custom blocks will be broken down further: Top, Middle, and Bottom.

Sorters will need to know where to put the boxes on vehicles based on where in the SF aisle the box will be pushed. I highly recommend when making your signs include your section numbers. TMs will struggle with aisles with multiple POGs if you don’t.
For example: (1)1-1-1 and (10)1-1-1.

You will get a chart saying where vehicles go on your line and what vehicles you have to use. SL will be broken out in a space just past where your line ends and sorted with the same kind of detail as GM.

All GM Leads will also own different departments of the SF based mostly on whether it’s considered priority 1 (P1) or prority 2 (P2).

P1 starts their routines as soon as they come in the store. P2 will be pushed primarily by the unload/ sort team after the truck along with mid TMs.

Not getting into routines right now because who knows what they will be next year. Along with daily replenishment other things are taking place: POG, signing, and pricing.

This new "efficient" unload is the most asinine idea ever. Unloads take forever now and the team is just as slow. Which means even less time to work freight. Everyone hates it.
And the "added bonus", because trucks are acknowledged but take all day to work, by design, looking for items for SFS is an absolute flipping nightmare. INF is at an all time high. The only way to find the item is dig through the freight that is not yet worked. The process was forced out way before the bugs were worked out. And this bug is a big fllpping cockroach!

And the "added bonus", because trucks are acknowledged but take all day to work, by design, looking for items for SFS is an absolute flipping nightmare. INF is at an all time high. The only way to find the item is dig through the freight that is not yet worked. The process was forced out way before the bugs were worked out. And this bug is a big fllpping cockroach!

We just finally pushed a pallet of pets that we got from a week before Christmas and we just now got around to pushing it

SL will be broken out in a space just past where your line ends and sorted with the same kind of detail as GM.

All GM Leads will also own different departments of the SF based mostly on whether it’s considered priority 1 (P1) or prority 2 (P2).
So how many GM leads are there going to be? I know that A&A, Beauty, Electronics, and Market aren't going to be considered GM. Are they going to have individual TLs? I was assuming we'd have fewer.

Softlines is already supposed to be sorted like that. My softlines sort team still sucks at it, even though we've been doing it like that since September. The detail with which it had to be sorted was a reason that another TM and I were butting heads and I asked to be removed from the process.

If they haven't already, your PMT will have to remove some of the steel at the end of the line for the sort (some will be going back up, but will be like the stuff over the line, so you can walk under it; that will give you some of the space back to backstock). I'm pretty sure it will end up being two sections for the softlines sort.

But don't worry, backroom will still leave all their shit there so you have nowhere to move while trying to sort your softlines repacks.

Last edited:
Our store is using 3 GM leads. The 1st GM Lead will be called operations inbound Lead and oversee the sort/ unload process. 2nd GM Lead will come in around open and be over priority push 1 (essentials, HBA, pets, infants, paper, and chem). The 1st GM Lead will start the priority push 2 (toys, stat, domestics, plug, housewares) after and during the unload. The 3rd GM will take over the P2 push. All GM leads will own areas of the sales floor (brand, pricing, pogs, backroom, and
Instocks). It’s a complete plate spinning disaster most of the time.

Our store is using 3 GM leads. The 1st GM Lead will be called operations inbound Lead and oversee the sort/ unload process. 2nd GM Lead will come in around open and be over priority push 1 (essentials, HBA, pets, infants, paper, and chem). The 1st GM Lead will start the priority push 2 (toys, stat, domestics, plug, housewares) after and during the unload. The 3rd GM will take over the P2 push. All GM leads will own areas of the sales floor (brand, pricing, pogs, backroom, and
Instocks). It’s a complete plate spinning disaster most of the time.
Essentials?

Will PMT role be changing as well? If so are there added responsibilities that come with it

Corporate probably figured out that 40 hours a week, 50 weeks out of the year at $30 an hour is literally a middle class income IN 2019 NO LESS (“What is this, a fucking UNION?”) and targeted it for elimination. so they’re probably going to add 9000 billion extra PMT tasks to get that turnover rolling, and then eliminate and outsource the PMT role altogether. Just a guess lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back