Archived New myDevices iPods. Has your store received them yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunForACallBox

General Merchandise Expert (Stationery)
I know the team member magazine said at least starting in the summer they would start rolling out. Has any store got them yet for permanent use?

God I wish we did. The amount of times I keep using my own phone to go on Target.com for guests as of recently...
Ha, right?! I did today a couple of times. PDA refuses to pull the things I'm looking for up. I've seen videos on YouTube of the scanning sled attachment on the iPods. That thing is fast and accurate, oh and SMALLER. I swear I'm going to knock someones hip off with that PDA handle one day on my side...

we have them and they kinda suck right now. need a lot more work. have to carry one of those and a pda and its cumbersome.

God I wish we did. The amount of times I keep using my own phone to go on Target.com for guests as of recently...
Ha, right?! I did today a couple of times. PDA refuses to pull the things I'm looking for up. I've seen videos on YouTube of the scanning sled attachment on the iPods. That thing is fast and accurate, oh and SMALLER. I swear I'm going to knock someones hip off with that PDA handle one day on my side...
And that's why I always try and get an LPDA in the morning...

I am on a process team so they are still useless.. I give them a couple weeks before all the screens are busted up.. I know our sales floor staff.. I have no doubts our backroom when the iPods come back there they will be smashed and broken in no time.. I can't blame them but spot really didn't think this out.. You destroy two iPods and you paid for an PDA..

Commercial use products sometimes should not be used for an industrial purpose.. I think this is one of them.

Did someone say "cumbersome"?

And this is my reaction to the Ipod devices and any other new epic fail equipment ideas.

I am on a process team so they are still useless.. I give them a couple weeks before all the screens are busted up.. I know our sales floor staff.. I have no doubts our backroom when the iPods come back there they will be smashed and broken in no time.. I can't blame them but spot really didn't think this out.. You destroy two iPods and you paid for an PDA..

Commercial use products sometimes should not be used for an industrial purpose.. I think this is one of them.

But the backroom and flow should NOT be getting the iPods, those are sales floor priority equipment.

But the backroom and flow should NOT be getting the iPods, those are sales floor priority equipment.

True but they will eventually.

They are supposed to have a pretty good case on them. Wether it holds up to the way equipment gets treated around here. We had someone somehow get their PDA in the bailer and the handle snapped off.

We've got them. They're pretty nice. Quick, but some stability issues right now.

They have told us that the backroom will not be getting them. They will keep the 9200 model PDAs.

I've enjoyed them so far.

We've got them. They're pretty nice. Quick, but some stability issues right now.

They have told us that the backroom will not be getting them. They will keep the 9200 model PDAs.

Best way they could do this at my store is bring BACK the backroom time clock, and in receiving, put another equipment cabinet with chargers, the 9200 PDAs, and some walkies.

Never gonna happen but I can dream.

Do they have all the apps that are on the PDAs or not yet at least?

We were told they going to replace all the PDAs with these, but then I should know better than to believe anything my store says.

Not all the apps yet, but a good number. I love the new item search and redwire is great when it works.

Not all the apps yet, but a good number. I love the new item search and redwire is great when it works.
I've heard a couple things about Redwire, any pretty notable things about it? Sorry for so many questions. I hate being given something new without at least having some kind of pre-knowledge about it.

Yes, please tell us about Redwire.
- Guest walks into store, browses over women's clothing
- Can't find a particular size over in softlines
- Pulls out their phone and loads the Target.com App which has been enhanced even further
- The Target.com App notices it is connected to the Guest Wifi and recognizes which store it is in
- Offers guest several options on another menu for guest assistance
- Guest selects to page for assistance and is routed via Target.com App to the store server
- Redwire picks it up and sends out an alert to all Salesfloor TM's iPod's that assistance is needed over in Softlines
or
- Guest selects to message/text TM's for assistance and ask them a question via Redwire instead

Yes, please tell us about Redwire.
- Guest walks into store, browses over women's clothing
- Can't find a particular size over in softlines
- Pulls out their phone and loads the Target.com App which has been enhanced even further
- The Target.com App notices it is connected to the Guest Wifi and recognizes which store it is in
- Offers guest several options on another menu for guest assistance
- Guest selects to page for assistance and is routed via Target.com App to the store server
- Redwire picks it up and sends out an alert to all Salesfloor TM's iPod's that assistance is needed over in Softlines
or
- Guest selects to message/text TM's for assistance and ask them a question via Redwire instead
Sounds like a great way to assist our guests better. If the alerts will work correctly. You don't want a guest hunting down a TM saying I paged someone 10 minutes ago!!!

Redwire sounds horrible and just another example of how lazy people are becoming. I haven't been told anything from any TLs and ETLs. I get all of my info from team members. How sad is that? I would love to just slap the person or persons that are changing all of this crap at Target especially messing with RF apps.

Our store just went through a major network upgrade and we haven't been open for that long. All brand new cisco routers and tower.

What is this rollout called? My device rollout? I saw a date for something called service reinvention migration which I thought might have to do with myDevice...

S7, here is the answer.
Full roll-out is planned August/September, so we'll be moving very quickly from pilot to release. The number of devices you receive will be based upon your store volume, so lower volumes can expect around 20, medium-medium high should see 30 and high volume will see 40. In no way once we go into release is the application itself done, as Redwire is expected only grow more and handle even more tasks.

I don't suppose you want a sample scenario of what myDevice and Redwire can do together that is actually developed and near-ready for client use, do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back