MEGATHREAD New POS (post-cutover)

You want more reshop at sco, don't you? Or more guests saying the price is wrong, holding up lines.
We don’t have more than 3 working price scanners. I have to remove an item from at least one transaction each time I cover SCO for a break or meal because the price they thought it was is too much. There would be a lane or two that is a dedicated price scanner for guests. It would have a cart to place the items you don’t want to purchase. Less reshop to grab from the lanes as guests should have put the items they don’t want in the cart

classic DID rebuy.

it legit would do a return and rebuy for you.
So it returned the one item and purchased the new one in one transaction? We need this then
Yup it did. You could also do a price adjustment on the item and the tax (in my good ol' state of Texas, counties have different tax rates, although most will have the max allowable by law: 8.25%) so if the Guest purchased the item at Store A with a tax rate of 6.75% and my store is in a 8.06% tax rate county, I could change the tax to 6.75% on the one item so the Guest didn't have to fumble for $0.03 or something.

But it did not like doing even exchanges with RedCards. That never worked on Classic. It was always return and rebuy and boy were Karens mad that they had to take an extra step with their ultra platinum golden premium exclusive Karen Klub card they believe their RedCard to be.

There would be a lane or two that is a dedicated price scanner for guests. It would have a cart to place the items you don’t want to purchase.
Tell me your store has excessive payroll and no regard for brand standards, without telling me your store has excessive payroll and no regard for brand standards.

But it did not like doing even exchanges with RedCards. That never worked on Classic. It was always return and rebuy and boy were Karens mad that they had to take an extra step with their ultra platinum golden premium exclusive Karen Klub card they believe their RedCard to be.
Yeah i never understood WHY. if anything, shouldn’t it have been easier to implement?

I know, but it became complicated if the guest needed to return that thing they exchanged for.
Just keep the existing Target circle. Even if its complication target is HUGE. They can figure it out lmao.

There would be a lane or two that is a dedicated price scanner for guests. It would have a cart to place the items you don’t want to purchase. Less reshop to grab from the lanes as guests should have put the items they don’t want in the cart
99.9999 percent of stores don’t have extra storage at the lanes. Not only is this extremely non-brand for Target but it also takes the guest away from the TM.

I think you’re over, thinking it

We don’t have more than 3 working price scanners. I have to remove an item from at least one transaction each time I cover SCO for a break or meal because the price they thought it was is too much. There would be a lane or two that is a dedicated price scanner for guests. It would have a cart to place the items you don’t want to purchase. Less reshop to grab from the lanes as guests should have put the items they don’t want in the cart
99.9999 percent of stores don’t have extra storage at the lanes. Not only is this extremely non-brand for Target but it also takes the guest away from the TM.

I think you’re over, thinking it
Yeah, points for trying to come up with a solution @employee 626, but I think this would just cause different problems without significantly reducing other ones.

We are having this weird issue where people are buying prepaid airtime cards with cash but it keeps warning them that they can't use a gift card even though they are paying cash, so you have to keep entering the amount of cash they are paying untill it works after like the 6th try. 👀

Suspend slip should also be a barcode that you can scan from the register screen if the printer isn’t working or you’re using it because the card reader isn’t working. You would scan it with a MCO, another lane, or a standard zebra. When scanned with a standard zebra the barcode gets “transferred” to it and you then scan the zebra to transfer it

When using the MCO on a lane for various reasons you should be able to use the printer from that lane for receipts

When using the line busting app you should be able to scan to sign into a register to help a guest without switching devices or apps

Last edited:
When using the MCO for anything in that app you should be able to use the pin pad to
Enter a gift card access code
Let a guest use it to enter their number for Circle

When using Save the Sale there should be the ability to scan an ID to get the information from that to fill out the billing and or shipping address

Last edited:
When using the MCO on a lane for various reasons you should be able to use the printer from that lane for receipts

When using the line busting app you should be able to scan to sign into a register to help a guest without switching devices or apps
the register printers are hard wired in. no wireless connection.

just say can you take a text receipt?

it’s bad practice to use a MCO let alone a MCO on a lane.

Soon ™️ we should get save the sale at the registers.
When using Save the Sale there should be the ability to scan an ID to get the information from that to fill out the billing and or shipping address
not the worst idea. but the email auto fill does help a ton so not really a NEED tbh.

We are having this weird issue where people are buying prepaid airtime cards with cash but it keeps warning them that they can't use a gift card even though they are paying cash, so you have to keep entering the amount of cash they are paying untill it works after like the 6th try. 👀
Had this the other day with a tracfone card...could not get cash to go through no matter how many times I tried. Thankfully the guest had a check which worked. Only time I've been thankful for a check lol

Had this the other day with a tracfone card...could not get cash to go through no matter how many times I tried. Thankfully the guest had a check which worked. Only time I've been thankful for a check lol
uh…. Just take the card to the lanes or GS?

Back