MEGATHREAD New POS (post-cutover)

One thing that I wish would happen on New POS would be for items that are Zeroed out in the system to be Auto-Salvaged instead of processed like normal. I know Classic POS used to do that, but it was removed from Classic before I started, so I've only worked with Classic and New not Auto-Salvaging $0.00 merchandise. I mean, it Auto-Defects food and select Health/Beauty items already, so it shouldn't be hard at all to program. It's so annoying going through the piles of returned items, scanning to see what's Missed Salvage or not and Defecting I mean "Item Removing" them out, and it is not practical to scan every item on the Zebra during a return and manually Salvaging items out through the "Anything Wrong?" prompt, espcecially when the Guest has a lot of items or when there's a huge line at the Service Desk, and you have to be as speedy as possible.

Also, still annoying that we can't scan multiple receipts in the same return anymore. It came in handy so many times. I know Receipt Lookup will pull them all but multi-receipt returns are still a MUST. This one isn't a must, but something that I found neat about Classic was that we could do a Receipt Lookup during a return. Like if a Guest had a receipt, and also something off of their card or a different card, one of the K-keys, I don't remember which one, would let us do a lookup in the same return as one in progress. I didn't use it all the time, but when I did, it came in clutch.

so it shouldn't be hard at all to program
I feel like that MIGHT be? I know myDay used to read salvaged items as clearance. I don't know if the POS can or can't tell? But at the same time. Target makes billions lol.

As much as we shit on Target. We really do have the best POS in the industry (especially when they finalize a lot of the classic POS features. Especially Exchanges and Multiple Receipts.

Reqing stuff out was so oddly complex for no reason.
The UI / Graphics / Animation is so much better.

Now if you train someone in checkout they now know how to do SCO.

I really do like this new system.
Something so small I don't even think anyone really noticed its been gone is looking up receipts with a gift card. Rare but needed lol

Also if we're talking about the new POS and its functionality it's too separated.
Banking & Inquiry should be at instore checkout, GS, and SBUX. Not its own app.
POA doesn't need to be its own app but that is the one exception ill take.
Also, the signout button has never once worked in the Inquiry app.

I know the whole thing about the new POS was to kill speed scanning but god. I really miss spamming through the gift cards.

Idk wtf they did with TPay but back when they were first rolling it out it was AMAZING. Literally like the second, the reader made the little bloop sound for NFC payment the receipt would print instantly (not even exaggerating here). Idk what target did but shit is slower than before ( still better than classic handling NFC).

can you not scan one on the receipt lookup screen?
I tried a while ago but nope. Maybe they added it now?
speak for yourself, I miss the sleeping bullseye and the thumbs up one :)
I feel like they should bring it back one day.

Banking & Inquiry should be at instore checkout, GS, and SBUX. Not its own app.
Or a quick link to banking under the menu or somewhere in the app, and back to gs or sbux instead of just checkout.
They should bring back register themes like they had on SCO with the Vineyard Vines launch
Or sleepy bullseye. Or the new version of bullseye instead of a kind of blank sign in screen

Considering the POS is nearing completion, I think they should touch up the banking app. Update the top bar where it says your name. it’s stuck on the beta new POS look. Also, please please please please please! Bring back the feature where you just select what you called for money wise.

instead of how much are you inserting. say what are you inserting.

$10s
$20s
Pennies

Considering the POS is nearing completion, I think they should touch up the banking app. Update the top bar where it says your name. it’s stuck on the beta new POS look. Also, please please please please please! Bring back the feature where you just select what you called for money wise.

instead of how much are you inserting. say what are you inserting.

$10s
$20s
Pennies

Oddly enough, on that first point, the New POS Banking guide on Workbench has screenshots of the Banking app with the updated top bar, in line with the rest of the apps. It also has screenshots of a "See who needs money" menu, just like Classic POS did, which showed which registers requested a change fund advance. It even explained how to do so, when it isn't even on New POS for us. IDK why that hasn't been added yet, considering that it appears to be complete according to Workbench, and the guide talks about it like it's something that is already there, when it is not.

Last edited:
Oddly enough, on that first point, the New POS Banging guide on Workbench has screenshots of the Banking app with the updated top bar, in line with the rest of the apps. It also has screenshots of a "See who needs money" menu, just like Classic POS did, which showed which registers requested a change fund advance. It even explained how to do so, when it isn't even on New POS for us. IDK why that hasn't been added yet, considering that it appears to be complete according to Workbench, and the guide talks about it like it's something that is already there, when it is not.
I hope it comes soon.

Oddly enough, on that first point, the New POS Banging guide on Workbench has screenshots of the Banking app with the updated top bar, in line with the rest of the apps. It also has screenshots of a "See who needs money" menu, just like Classic POS did, which showed which registers requested a change fund advance. It even explained how to do so, when it isn't even on New POS for us. IDK why that hasn't been added yet, considering that it appears to be complete according to Workbench, and the guide talks about it like it's something that is already there, when it is not.
hmm might just be concept art from when they were still building it. idk. i mean it is functional so they could’ve just forgot LMAO.

Something that I think is SUPER overdue is just being able to assign labels to register numbers. rather than saying 114. say electronics right register. ofc. ESID so just give TLs the ability to set labels. super small but very useful.

The banking app is a bit weird because. unlike classic change fund it would send the alert and remember what you requested. New POS would just send the alert (sometimes that doesn’t work tho). I think just a simple “What are you adding?” would be SUPER helpful

I don't like the idea of auto defecting online items as a DBO. I have outs to fill. Auto printing salvage would be a godsend though.
In reality, it shouldn't be that difficult to implement missed salvage. Just if (itemPrice == 0.00) printSalvage(item);

Also, as an Electronics TM. I freaking HATE rewrap. Its so freaking useless. We NEVER sell it and it just sits there.

Last edited:
In reality, it shouldn't be that difficult to implement missed salvage. Just if (itemPrice == 0.00) printSalvage(item);

Also, as an Electronics TM. I freaking HATE rewrap. Its so freaking useless. We NEVER sell it and it just sits there.
I've started salvaging out a lot of stuff instead of rewrapping. We have a ton of clearance in Style right now so "No room to remerchandise" is pretty much the truth.

We typically don’t have the yellow printer connected, so we don’t print rewrap stickers for online items. But I think it can be confirmed that the new POS officially auto-defects online. It did it for me several times except for one item that printed rewrap.

We typically don’t have the yellow printer connected, so we don’t print rewrap stickers for online items. But I think it can be confirmed that the new POS officially auto-defects online. It did it for me several times except for one item that printed rewrap.
It seems like a lot of online only stuff for Style ends up in our reshop. If there's no sticker I have no way of knowing if it was processed out or not so I just do my own thing at the fitting room.

Why not hook up the yellow printer? A lot of the TMs at my store don't either. I like putting clearance stickers on things and I hate it when the register nags you to hook up the printer.

Back