MEGATHREAD New POS (post-cutover)

What is the RFID Encode prompt in the POS mean? I know the old POS had it, but... who encodes RFID tags?

can you not scan one on the receipt lookup screen?
You can not scan more then one (at the moment), it does look like you should be able to at some point (there is an indicator that shows 1 when you scan one).

What you *can* do, is scan their circle barcode. Make sure they have all methods of payments deselected - this will let you do any on their circle.

What is the RFID Encode prompt in the POS mean? I know the old POS had it, but... who encodes RFID tags?
Technically, by the book, GS should if the item is returned without an RFID tag… but i don’t think any one does.

the prompt itself is useless, it just reminds you to encode.

What you *can* do, is scan their circle barcode. Make sure they have all methods of payments deselected - this will let you do any on their circle.
dude, I was so shocked when this worked. I know classic POS had this feature too but it was very hit or miss lol.

Honestly we want such elegant solutions in the new POS but if they add new features to the Target app most of it wouldn't need it. Like add a search to the in-store section in the target app. Another is in the product details show the item barcode! That would be AMAAZZZINNNNGG.

the prompt itself is useless, it just reminds you to encode.
Out of curiosity. How do you encode one?

It’s super complicated. There’s an app on the mydevice and then you connect it to an rfid gun is Bluetooth and scan the item. There’s instructions on workbench somewhere
I could see down the road Target putting a printer similar to the one at the pack station that prints RFID tags so things can be processed quicker. However, that would only be the case I'd the continue to expand RFID to more items.

Whenever the self checkout screensaver is supposed to play they should make it start at the milliseconds since epoc modulo the length of the video so they all sync up.

I could see down the road Target putting a printer similar to the one at the pack station that prints RFID tags so things can be processed quicker. However, that would only be the case I'd the continue to expand RFID to more items.
I think they plan on expanding. I know they use it with heyday too.

hmm might just be concept art from when they were still building it. idk. i mean it is functional so they could’ve just forgot LMAO.

Something that I think is SUPER overdue is just being able to assign labels to register numbers. rather than saying 114. say electronics right register. ofc. ESID so just give TLs the ability to set labels. super small but very useful.

The banking app is a bit weird because. unlike classic change fund it would send the alert and remember what you requested. New POS would just send the alert (sometimes that doesn’t work tho). I think just a simple “What are you adding?” would be SUPER helpful
System already has labels and knows where it is, for example you can tell in MyDay under device status where it says “Role” it will say like Lane 10 or Electronics or Starbucks.

You can not scan more then one (at the moment), it does look like you should be able to at some point (there is an indicator that shows 1 when you scan one).

Why do you have to deselect payment? It finds them all and it’s not like it charges them.

dude, I was so shocked when this worked. I know classic POS had this feature too but it was very hit or miss lol.

Honestly we want such elegant solutions in the new POS but if they add new features to the Target app most of it wouldn't need it. Like add a search to the in-store section in the target app. Another is in the product details show the item barcode! That would be AMAAZZZINNNNGG.

Out of curiosity. How do you encode one?

We used to do it. You have to pair the rfid gun. Then you use the rfid app and choose encode. There are these thick sticker type things that come on a roll. You encode the sticker and place it on a tag. It's a pain in the ass. We stopped doing it when opus blew up with covid. Quite frankly, I think Style should own this.

Whenever the self checkout screensaver is supposed to play they should make it start at the milliseconds since epoc modulo the length of the video so they all sync up.
they will never do this LMAO.

Recently, I've been starting to get some super weird bugs in the new POS. This one time I was watching the SCO and if I remember correctly they wanted to do two different transactions. For whatever reason, it kept declining her cards. No calls or texts so I tried to tap it whilst in-store mode and it worked and took her back to the regular SCO. I left her alone and helped another guest. Then when I turn back around to see her, she was on the home screen???

I was so confused that I tap SCO (from the home screen) and when she tried to scan something it said something like " Failed to launch In-store Checkout. Try again or relaunch from home". Try again just brought the same message up so she tapped home. This message popped up while in SCO mode NOT Store mode. I want to say this could have ended badly it really couldn't have but still yk?
Also, I scanned a target wallet code before I started a transaction for a guest, and for whatever reason, her merch card wasn't working properly so I voided her transaction and rescanned THEN her wallet. But all of a sudden her circle coupons applied making her total quite a bit cheaper than before.

Another time this guest wanted to buy a Fitbit in electronics. Mobile was checking them out and the guest's chip kept failing so it said "Chip read error. Use Magstripe." But it was frozen on the card reader. I did a quick restart and was greeted with the "The card reader is not responding" So I went to the other register in electronics. FROZE THIS ONE TOO!. I ended up just suspending it. Doing it on a myCheckout because I knew it would read the card differently.

Everything here happened within a week LMAO.

here so. a few changes with the new POS

For one. first login of the day auto prints a speed ID good for SCO. okay for the front. why in optical / tech.

for 2: the selection button it’s now green on the side. don’t really know why i like it.

for 3! (my favorite) it doesn’t show your TM ID for that split second when you scan you speed ID. completely eliminating ID stealing if EVERYONE exclusively uses speed IDS (esp at SCO).

also. something pretty annoying if you ask me is if you put your pin wrong. you can’t scan your speed ID again. super annoying. also. for the NEXT GEN SCO turn the volume up on the automatic message! i seriously cannot hear it.

few more things.
- i don’t need confirmation when i’m signing out on checkout (when nothing is scanned) SIGN ME OUT!
- for two. the banking app sometimes doesn’t auto log you out. super huge flaw. while you’re at it. update the UI lol.
- bring back audio cues. nothing annoying but the eSCO chime was kinda nice. something like that.

Attachments

• 27CD9877-2432-43FD-A07D-6EF06C371589.jpeg
    27CD9877-2432-43FD-A07D-6EF06C371589.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 37
You also can't log out from the inquiry app. Another HUGE flaw is that you do not get auto logged out on the home screen. IMO you should be logged out automatically if you are there for 20 seconds. The cashiers at my store use the home screen to stay logged in. They might be in the bathroom or even on break!

You also can't log out from the inquiry app. Another HUGE flaw is that you do not get auto logged out on the home screen. IMO you should be logged out automatically if you are there for 20 seconds. The cashiers at my store use the home screen to stay logged in. They might be in the bathroom or even on break!
yeah i've been saying this for eons lol.

Functionality for exchanges/even exchanges NEEDS to be added. I want to melt into the ground every time I explain how we need to return the item to their method of payment and repurchase.
yeah agreed. exchanges would be freaking perfect esp if they add redcard support too. I think they're diverting all resources to make the POS more secure. At my store, someone with a TM ID like 20 states away logged in, took $800 from one of the electronics registers and activated gift cards.

Or go through the spiel…I can put it back on your card or put it on a gift card which you can use for the new purchase…we go through so many gift cards bc that’s the option they usually pick. Wasteful and definitely not environmentally correct, imo.
target could give less of a shit about plastic. have you seen the un holy amount of plastic style breakout gets? i did it for like 3 hours and holy hell there was so much.

This is being investigated for a fix asap

Yesterday I wasn’t able to return alcohol because I’m only 20 so the register stopped me when hitting refund and forced a team member that’s over 21 to return. Didn’t know this. I knew that the flex and drive up was suppose to do something similar but never did and I can still do those and cash out.

That is correct. A return could be open, and you could take it or drink it.

Back