MEGATHREAD New POS (post-cutover)

surprisingly, Target found a pretty good alternative to the electronics POS auto logout. The auto log out timer is just set to 1 minute.

i don't really know what it is but it feels like login times took a bit longer than usually today.

yup shes the same lol. even the gift receipt and own bag button lol. I wonder if they offer this software?

Attachments

• 2022-08-01 11_18_59-Reinvent Your Retail Experience _ Elo Touch Solutions and 4 more pages - P...png
    2022-08-01 11_18_59-Reinvent Your Retail Experience _ Elo Touch Solutions and 4 more pages - P...png
    675.5 KB · Views: 40
they almost certainly cannot legally use target branding in their marketing so it’s simply a visual demo to show what can be possible on their hardware

they almost certainly cannot legally use target branding in their marketing so it’s simply a visual demo to show what can be possible on their hardware
yeah that makes sense. EVen iuf they could I doubt they would want to. bc what if Walmart execs want this and see the target logo? Might change their mind.

But like, why show off proprietary software?

Also god multi-receipt returns. I didn't realize how much I missed it.

But like, why show off proprietary software?

they’re really not. integrated vendors like this are in the business of showing you what can be done with their platform, not what is being done. the majority of potential clients looking at their marketing deck are not going to know that it’s essentially a reskinned target pos; they’re just going to see an attractive point of sale terminal and think “it’s great that this platform supports that sort of thing” and then build their own anyway

When the barcode is scanned on the POS, the “Oops!” message pops up. I had to tell them to click “receipts” instead of “start a return”.
Yes. I had this happen a bunch over the past couple of days. It was especially frustrating when it was someone that had texted them a gift receipt that way. Hopefully it’s fixed soon.

Back