MEGATHREAD New POS (post-cutover)

At the end of the night they take the cash but we still can check people out with card but then they click cash back sometimes and it breaks the drawer and we have to go get the cash from the bag.
ahh. luckly that hasn't happened to me yet lol. that would be so annoying.

Don't think that would be possible since there really isn't a "closed" mode anymore. Would be nice to have a "Card Only mode" for stuff like that. or if a SCO is having cash issues. Happens super often with the next gen sco.

Not sure if it's chainwide or not but the new quick login to the registers through my day is amazing! Finally newPOS is faster to login to than oldPOS was.

How does it work?
It hides the manual login screen and shows a new one with a barcode that you can scan in myDay (along with the option to scan Speed ID). Upon scanning, the POS will automatically log you in and you'll get a green banner in myDay saying you logged into the POS. It works when going into store mode too, so no more guests recording your numbers.

Now we just have to make sure no one leaves their zebra laying around unattended. I mean you're not supposed to anyways, but...
I found a zebra, a checkout & walkie laying around on sales floor. I had checked the login for names. One of them belong to a new tm who was on break. He was the one with a checkout. Logged the person out on zebras. I gave it to the front end. I put everything else back in th equipment cabinet.

So I found a bug that literally maybe 3 other people would notice.
When you're inStoreCheckout mode and hit the hamburger menu on the right side. On the top, it should say your store name. For my store, it shows the old name of our store. I always wondered why it never said our store name properly I JUST found out we were a renamed store.

Also another bug I found that would take a millisecond to fix is that the scan to login things, it doesn't show your preferred name. It shows your legal name.

New POS is basically finished but these are the things I really want now
- Exchanges
- Audio Cues
- faster app switching / add more shortcuts

I second faster app switching/ shortcuts. My coworker and I were just talking about how we wished closing and banking the lanes was quicker instead of going home and waiting for the banking app. Old POS was so good for closing lanes. Now we feel like we spend more time staring at the screen than closing registers.

Old POS was so good for closing lanes. Now we feel like we spend more time staring at the screen than closing registers.
I still stand by the fact that I think that banking should be built into iSCO. It really just doesn't make sense to have it into a different app

Also! While we're on the banking app. Bring back the feature from classic that would say "Is this right?" when you input money after a 239 request.
I know that the way the new POS is built its a bit harder for it to remember what you requested so instead just have a "What are you adding?"

and just check off the things you're adding into the drawer and it would say "is this correct?"

The POS is completely functional without me getting upset. but the thing that makes me physically violent is how I cannot reprint a receipt in electronics. Like I sold a guy a PS5 and I ran out of receipt paper and it signed me out. I was about to kill that POS.

I still stand by the fact that I think that banking should be built into iSCO. It really just doesn't make sense to have it into a different app

Also! While we're on the banking app. Bring back the feature from classic that would say "Is this right?" when you input money after a 239 request.
I know that the way the new POS is built its a bit harder for it to remember what you requested so instead just have a "What are you adding?"

and just check off the things you're adding into the drawer and it would say "is this correct?"

The POS is completely functional without me getting upset. but the thing that makes me physically violent is how I cannot reprint a receipt in electronics. Like I sold a guy a PS5 and I ran out of receipt paper and it signed me out. I was about to kill that POS.
You can reprint a receipt using receipt viewer on workbench. It takes a few minutes longer to do. It’s a solid backup for the guest.

This is all I want:
Exchanges
Proper post-void returns (I don’t understand how the old POS could do it but the new POS can’t)
Program the keyboard to work with the POS

The “request help” button should have a specific sound notification on myday when pressed so it can be easily distinguished that a TM needs help (this would help with discreetly calling AP to come in sketchy situations)

You can reprint a receipt using receipt viewer on workbench. It takes a few minutes longer to do. It’s a solid backup for the guest.
i TRIED. For some dumb reason, Receipt Viewer couldn't render the preview so I couldn't really print out the receipt.

If you ask me. I think an absolutely amazing idea on the POS is a receipt viewer baked in. If you want to reprint a receipt? It reprints like normal with maybe some text saying "REPRINT".

Proper post-void returns (I don’t understand how the old POS could do it but the new POS can’t)
This won't get added any time soon. Afaik there are a lot of processing fees and costs involved with post-voiding a return. If you need to post-void the return, do it as a MiRR for that reason. I don't think it's the correct answer but it's the answer target chose.

Program the keyboard to work with the POS
Never going to happen. Look at the UI of the new POS. Getting keyboard support just doesn't fit. It's touch based on purpose. Even new stores / new POS replacements aren't getting keyboards. I used to be die hard keyboard but at this point, I like it more. Easier to train on and one less point of failure. The one thing I think is very much ASS on the new POS is the on-screen keyboard. But that's the only real solution.

should have a specific sound notification on myday when pressed so it can be easily distinguished
Take this a step further. myDay should have different sounds. 239 and request help should both be different sounds.

Back