Archived New POS update is a POS

Status
Not open for further replies.
10 CLs and only 4 SCO? yikes
My store is a 10 lane and 4 SCO store, though it wasn't always. At open, we had 18 lanes. After a few years, we were right sized down to 16 at the same time they moved mini-seasonal from the front of the store to the back with regular seasonal. A few years after that, we were right sized again down to 14. When SCOs were installed, they removed lanes 1 and 2, leaving us with the unusual situation of having our regular registers go from 3 to 14. Early in our remodel last year, we lost two more lanes, and the new lanes were renumbered so they started at 1 again. I don't think we're doing the business that gsa4lyfe's store was, but we are holding our own for the market (We just went from a C to a B volume store)

12 and 4 here. 1 and 2 were removed to make room for SCO, so we're numbered 3-14 like Target_serf's store was before their remodel.

The only time I have ever seen all 12 lanes open is Black Friday weekends.

First, the update thus far has removed the ability to defect items at the service desk because all registers are the same (hooray) so now the service desk "advocates" literally cant function without a zebra.

Also, returns are now a nightmare with no receipt which is honestly at least half of them if not more, because if the item is missed salvage or online only instead of prompting "how much is this" it auto denies them.

Another issue, the tiny UPC barcode on the shipping/stocking stickers on larger items now prompts "how much is this" instead of ringing up the item? Not a huge deal except on very bulky/heavy items where the barcode is on the bottom of the item.

No current way to log items into empty packaging? Well there's a binder but they rarely go through that stuff as it is so that's going to seriously hurt our inventory if there's not a way to put it into the system. INF city right there.

Lastly. How the monkey do we close our boxes now? Because the barcodes stopped working so we've been on like 3 days without closing them

TLDR; Target has made the service desk impossible. How can we advocate for the guest if nothing even works?
We are able to do defects on our computers with new software update it’s just different way to get to it, Steps:
K8: print labels
Key in tm number
K3 defect and then you do the same steps as before to defect

Since this update no one knows how to do empty pkgs. What are we missing? Is it a technical problem or lack of communication?
I asked Ap yesterday if other stores are having the same issue and the reponse was Ap hasn't checked with other stores. I'm thinking why not?

Since this update no one knows how to do empty pkgs. What are we missing? Is it a technical problem or lack of communication?
I asked Ap yesterday if other stores are having the same issue and the reponse was Ap hasn't checked with other stores. I'm thinking why not?
Not possible in new update. It’s aps problem now

I looked it up on workbench and it said we are supposed to have a binder at guest service to put information about empty packages into.

I looked it up on workbench and it said we are supposed to have a binder at guest service to put information about empty packages into.
We've had this in place at my store for a couple years. I thought it was so that the sales floor people could slap a sticker on it with the info so they could be processed later, since they keep dumping those on GS along with all their reshop and trash.

We (AA+ volume) have 11 checklanes and 12 SCOs, not enough imo. But they’re remodeling the front end soon so we’ll see how many we have afterwards 🤷🏻‍♀️

Defects from POS work again at my store as of Wed am. Try scanning the printer. The printing on the label is a little different, similar to what it looks like from a device.

8 SCO, 24 CL. Makes it look terrible when we only have SCOs and 1 CL open. Guests get aggravated. Mostly never use more than 6 CLs at a time. Black Friday though, they're all manned, with a line winding back through the grocery aisles.

We (AA+ volume) have 11 checklanes and 12 SCOs, not enough imo. But they’re remodeling the front end soon so we’ll see how many we have afterwards 🤷🏻‍♀️

Wow, that kind of sales and only 11 CL. On a weekday, how many CL are actually open?

Defects from POS work again at my store as of Wed am. Try scanning the printer. The printing on the label is a little different, similar to what it looks like from a device.

I noticed this last night too! Hopefully it wasn’t a fluke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back