New Radios

Are any of y'alls stores getting the new radios without screens? A few of my ETL's have told us that we're getting the new radios very soon. I just want to know what's different, what they look like, and if I'm gonna have to re learn how to use them. No one's given my store very many specifics. It seems that more stores are "supposedly" getting them but I haven't actually seen one or a store with them yet. Just asking for the sake of info yall! :)

Some VP @ HQ:
"Brian ordered us to cut expenditures!"

Someone else at a lower level @ HQ who never worked in a store (probably with a name like Felton):
"I know! We can get new two-way radios for the stores. Not only will these be cheaper, but look simpler AND be more complicated to use at the same time! Win-Win-Win!"

VP: "Great job Felton! Start rolling it out."

Last edited:
Some VP @ HQ:
"Brian ordered us to cut expenditures!"

Someone else at a lower level @ HQ who never worked in a store (probably with a name like Felton):
"I know! We can get new two-way radios for the stores. Not only will these be cheaper, but look simpler AND be more complicated to use at the same time! Win-Win-Win!"

VP: "Great job Felton! Start rolling it out."
It doesn't even look like the new radios are cheaper. You can buy the old ones for $179 each on Amazon and other sites, and the new ones are $219.

Do these new walkies have the target logo anywhere on them? Is there any way to differentiate between AP walkies and normal ones?

If walkie on the mydevice is as cumbersome as using the phone on it, then no thanks.
One of the Tech people worked at Home Depot who used it and said it worked quite fine. As for Targets implementation, who knows. All I saw is that there was like 50+ channels, which is kinda cool. (albeit overkill haha)

Do these new walkies have the target logo anywhere on them? Is there any way to differentiate between AP walkies and normal ones?
just think if we had to pair the walkies to the Zebras every shift?

imagine the logging metric gathering Target could do? automatic voice transcription on all channels able to more accurately track employees actions throughout the entire store.

just think if we had to pair the walkies to the Zebras every shift?

imagine the logging metric gathering Target could do? automatic voice transcription on all channels able to more accurately track employees actions throughout the entire store.
People always forget about GS in this regard. We aren’t signed in to our own devices. We all share a few and whoever uses it first signs in for the day. So a requirement to pair wouldn’t work for us.

this was the main problem too with mygo showing who opened an order for AP purposes— that ™ who was signed in wasnot always the one who opened the order.

People always forget about GS in this regard. We aren’t signed in to our own devices. We all share a few and whoever uses it first signs in for the day. So a requirement to pair wouldn’t work for us.

this was the main problem too with mygo showing who opened an order for AP purposes— that ™ who was signed in wasnot always the one who opened the order.
This drives me nuts. Unless the store is hurting for my devices that badly and with payroll the way it is right now most probably aren’t, why wouldn’t each TM have and use their own device. No need to share. My store is so bad at this by close there is typically 5-8 devices every night that one person ends up putting away from front end. With all the issues people cause with OPU etc I don’t want my name attached to a mistake someone else did.

This drives me nuts. Unless the store is hurting for my devices that badly and with payroll the way it is right now most probably aren’t, why wouldn’t each TM have and use their own device. No need to share. My store is so bad at this by close there is typically 5-8 devices every night that one person ends up putting away from front end. With all the issues people cause with OPU etc I don’t want my name attached to a mistake someone else did.
Because when five drive ups honk honk at once I’m not looking around for mine, I’m grabbing the first one I see.
Ap knows we’re not signed in as ourselves. If there was a major issue, they’d roll the cameras.

Back