Archived New Red Card Pitches?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering if anyone has found a new way to pitch redcards without getting asked random annoying questions or hollered at for asking?
My GSTL said that the Red debit cards were not breached because you can't run them as credit (of course). Is that true? If so, I'm using it in my pitch...

Just wondering if anyone has found a new way to pitch redcards without getting asked random annoying questions or hollered at for asking?
My GSTL said that the Red debit cards were not breached because you can't run them as credit (of course). Is that true? If so, I'm using it in my pitch...

The debit cards were breached, but not the PINs that were associated to those accounts.

Mostly true. The PIN info is (and was during the breach) encrypted in a way that it's really really unlikely that they were able to access it. The key to decrypt it isn't in Target's system, but some payment processor's. The processing company wasn't hacked so the hackers don't have the key to decrypt the info.

source

Bravo and thanks for the information. So I'm using that in my pitch. I was off for a while because of school but when I go back to work I'm just going to push them babies out. I wonder if there is anything I can actually say to make someone want a red card.

"If I don't get you to sign up for a red card, I will be fired. My wife/husband is going to take the kids and leave me. My landlord is then going to kick me out on the street. And I will then be panhandling at the nearby street corner."

"I will DO ANYTHING to sign you up. I mean ANYTHING...Sweetie/Beautiful"

"Please sign up...or they will beat me again."

"I will stalk you if you don't sign up."

"They are making me ask."

"Every time I don't get a Red Card conversion, they increasingly shock me. I have already been shocked 3 times today."

"If you don't sign up, they make me do BAD things."

"Please sign up for a Red Card, or I will be put in front of a firing squad."
http://youtu.be/eUal1r1_-5k?t=3m8s

Last edited:
Just have a sad face and say "please, we're really desperate" or "Target is really depending on you to get a redcard".

I actually did that once. Here is the story:

Guest: "Do red cards factor if you want to keep your job?"
Me: *Quietly* "Yes"
Guest: "Well good luck on finding a new job if me denying you a red card loses your job."

RhtFOhq.png

..."please, we're really desperate" or "Target is really depending on you to get a redcard".

...another team member will loose their insurance if not their job. and next this store will be closing.

"If you don't get you to sign up for a red card, I will be fired. My wife/husband is going to take the kids and leave me. My landlord is then going to kick me out on the street. And I will then be panhandling at the nearby street corner."

"I will DO ANYTHING to sign you up. I mean ANYTHING...Sweetie/Beautiful"

"Please sign up...or they will beat me again."

"I will stalk you if you don't sign up."

"They are making me ask."

"Every time I don't get a Red Card conversion, they increasingly shock me."

"If you don't sign up, they make me do BAD things."

"Please sign up for a Red Card, or I will be put in front of a firing squad."
http://youtu.be/eUal1r1_-5k?t=3m8s

LOL, implying people actually care about us retail workers. :D

Unless there was new communication today, the corporate direction is to only pitch REDcards when prompted by the POS or asked by the guest.

Good evening Sir/Madam, my name is [redacted]. I come from a rough area. I used to be addicted to crack but now I am off it and trying to stay clean. That is why I am selling magazine subscriptions encouraging you to open a Target Red Card with us.

At our store the GSTL has said to ask every guest.......however, corporate paperwork says only ask at the prompts. So, which one is the one to follow?!
Me, I am actually asking almost every guest.

At our store the GSTL has said to ask every guest.......however, corporate paperwork says only ask at the prompts. So, which one is the one to follow?!
Me, I am actually asking almost every guest.

Go what the paperwork said. One of the rare times I would agree with corporate.

I think for now, go with corporate (which I do agree with). BUT the official cashier training manual has always said to only ask when prompted...so corporate will never say ask everyone...they will just start bringing down the hammer when conversion is low and all the stores will quickly need to go back to pestering everyone.

Thank the LORD I am not a cashier so I don't have to worry about this. If I HAD to cashier though, I would do my normal ask "Would you like to open a free Redcard and save five percent every time you shop here?" and if they gave me grief, "I'm sorry, it's part of my job to ask". And then leave it at that.

There is no right way to ask a guest about it when they have just finished telling you their husband lectured them about NOT using their card at target today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back