New Register POS

Hi,

Our store recently updated the registers to a new POS. We are still learning how to use it, which is pretty much self explanatory. We figured out that there are some functions that we can not do anymore, or haven't figured out how to do it. My question is, how do you requisition something on the new POS? And does anyone else have trouble with the rebate checks? Whenever the cashier inserts the rebate check into the reader, the check reader just eats the whole check. Every transaction.

I don't think you can do either requisitions or rebate checks on New POS right now. Take either of those to a Classic POS (old one) or Guest Service register (which should still have Classic POS).

@Hardlinesmaster above has linked to a good thread with more info on this new, still beta software. And we don't talk much about the workings of the POS or its functions here as they've alluded (because while 99% of us probably work for Target, there's no 100% way of verifying or keeping it within Target Team Members on an interwebs page like this. 😉

Our store was half old/half new POS systems until recently. Now, we are all new (except for Guest Services). The rebate checks get eaten or just won’t go through the printer about 95% of the time. I found that, as long as the check isn’t too creased or wrinkled, putting the check in bottom first will get it to print. I don’t know if the check will be accepted and processed by the financial institutions but the only other thing we do is make a price adjustment off of one of the formulas or give a gift card.

Also, our registers are the old tan computers not the new black ones. I think a lot of our problems running the new software is that it is being run on the old hardware.

I find it hilarious at our store that Guest Service uses the old POS while the regular lanes use the new one.

There are some many flaws with the new POS that they are waiting apparently.

Well, an old colleague at another store came in today and said they have the same problems and they have the new black computers on all their registers, so it isn’t that.

For a work around on the new system not taking the last number on a WIC check, they don’t input the first number of the check and no one at their store has said anything about it yet.

Also, if there is a huge order, they break it into two transactions to prevent the register from freezing.

Hi,

Our store recently updated the registers to a new POS. We are still learning how to use it, which is pretty much self explanatory. We figured out that there are some functions that we can not do anymore, or haven't figured out how to do it. My question is, how do you requisition something on the new POS? And does anyone else have trouble with the rebate checks? Whenever the cashier inserts the rebate check into the reader, the check reader just eats the whole check. Every transaction.

I saw the same requisition question somewhere else. Was that you on Reddit? Anyway, AP looks at requisitions. Be careful. Partner with your TL before doing one.

As for the rebate checks. I had a register eat one the other day. I opened the drawer looking for stickers, stuck them to the back of the check (I really wanted clear scotch tape). I just had sticker nametags so I ripped it in half and used it to give the check some more stiffness and ran it again. It worked and the cashier thought I was amazing. Does that check reader eat regular checks too? It might be an issue with the reader and have nothing to do with the new POS.

Our registers are eating the rebate checks. Regular checks have a weird large bullseye on the back. Oh, and WIC freezes our registers. Fun times.

I put some tape or stickers on the back. It might help a little to change the check printer ribbon

Our registers are eating the rebate checks. Regular checks have a weird large bullseye on the back. Oh, and WIC freezes our registers. Fun times.
Ours suddenly started working for (most) rebate checks the other day. A few random ones still ate the check and/or branded it with a giant Target logo, and we had to re-ring at GS. But no errors in the last few days.

Back