Archived New Release Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are your stores doing this? It seems like my store still sets on Tuesday and then flexes till Friday. Is there a reason for this? It looks stupid, especially with torn label strips.

We just treat it like a sales planner that has to be done on Friday. On Tuesday the new strips are placed behind the old strips on the music new release endcap so they aren't thrown away by accident.

Makes sense. I think what my store does is sets it all on Tuesday and then tears the old one to cover the new ones. You end up having duplicate shelves though since you have a last week and a current week that are the same. I guess this way it's easier come Friday. Laziness I suppose.

We give Friday's electronics opener an hour on presentation from 7 am to 8 am for new music.

Yep, my store has the opening TM doing the revisions on friday. (usually me)

My store gives me time on Monday night to set new release strips and product for Tuesday morning (product doesn't set till close) and then Thursdays opener does the strips for CDs and the closer sets product. Yeah we have a few holes Thursday, but /shrug.

This is my only issue: someone is paying for that space and their product is coming down early. It's easier to sympathize since it's a person instead of a company. I wouldn't have a problem if they put the new strip behind the old strip and left everything in its place.

I set all music revisions except Music NR1 at the beginning of the week and hide the strips for Music NR1 on the basedeck behind the bottom shelf. I come in Friday morning and set it in a few minutes.

Kong if it makes you feel better I have family that works in the music and touring industry. The royalties most artist make off songs and album sales are miniscule. If you really want to support your favorite artists, buy their non-music merch.

I do understand that it's coming down early thing. Maybe I'll look into either delaying until later Thursday or just price point flexing the albums to accommodate in the future.

It's okay. This week they left everything and put the new ones behind. I think the bands that were affected were the ones from two or three weeks ago that were at the bottom. Plus, they mostly just move over to that 4-way right next to it.

How fast do you guys set new releases on Tuesday?

Our store is something like this.

DVDs/movies - 9-10am
Music - 11-12
Books - 1-2p

I usually take 8 hours to fully set all of the weekly revisions in MMB and video games on Sunday. On Monday the five MMB new release revisions take 5-10 minutes each and Gaming LP1 and Gaming LP2 take 30-45 minutes each.

Last edited:
Nice lol. Bad PPTL? Or bad everything...

One of our presentation tm took over a few years ago and it just went downhill from there. He's super slow, lazy, terrible work ethic. I saw him setting book revisions on a Tuesday when he still had new releases for books and music to set. I'm like wtf. I love my TL and ETL but their just not really pushing him to finish at 8am. As long as it sets, their okay.

And as far as artist cards go, we don't have one. Trying to find a CD for a guest in the browser aisle is a guessing game.

We have someone going 4am to 11am in mmb on monday and Tuesday plus Tuesdays electronics opener is there at 7am to help. It takes the whole day to finish everything they just absolutely have to get new releases put out by 8am on tuesday. Then the rest of the day is spent on the other mmb revisions.
Trying to find a CD for a guest in the browser aisle is a guessing game.
Your electronics team needs to zone those CDs!

Eww yea that sucks. They need to start with alphabetizing and separating different titles with blank sign holders. Then someone goes through and batches signs for everything. Then every elec. TM should be assigned their own area in CDs that they're accountable for. They alphabetize and zone their sections daily until it's just part of the routine. Sorry to get all leadership about this but I tried this plan at my store and it worked. Our CDs are the only shoppable CDs in our district lol. The sales show it.

Eww yea that sucks. They need to start with alphabetizing and separating different titles with blank sign holders. Then someone goes through and batches signs for everything. Then every elec. TM should be assigned their own area in CDs that they're accountable for. They alphabetize and zone their sections daily until it's just part of the routine. Sorry to get all leadership about this but I tried this plan at my store and it worked. Our CDs are the only shoppable CDs in our district lol. The sales show it.
We have no hours for that. But, we have almost our cd's out on the floor.

With as many double facings and multiple locations we have, I almost feel like we could do one facing per cd. Instead of using the browser format. Like that one aisle with the 5, 7.50, and 10 and under or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back