Archived New Samsung TV loops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electronics Man

Electronics Team Member
So the other day there was a memo on Message Board about a special loop for the Samsung 40in LED and the Samsung 51in Plasma. Did any one get it yet?

A vendor came in the other day and gave us the flash drive with the demo, and I could be wrong but I don' t think we have it working right.

Anyone have insight on how it's actually supposed to work? The way we have it set up is the flash drive hooked in the TV's USB and then it has us push enter on the remote. This then takes us to the folder with the demo movie. In order to keep it looping though we had to set the repeat mode to "all". Plus when it goes to restart it's loop it is not seamless, you see the movie player restarting which is part of the reason why I think we may be doing some thing the wrong way. Also there is the matter of when the TV's are turned off and on. The USB isn't something that can be set to open up on default. When the power goes back on it goes back to Target TV of couse and we have to manually run the loop.

So am I missing something or is this supposed to be like this?

Not sure, as we haven't gotten our loops yet.

Maybe you can answer this too -- the loops are supposed to be in 3D, right? Where do the 3D glasses come from?

Ours is up. The glasses rest has an infrared sensor on it that triggers the 3D loop to start. When you pick up the glasses "3"..."2"...."1"....start loop. I get completely bored standing there longer than 2.5 seconds holding those dumb glasses that are spring tethered to the rest. The loop is different from the rest of the loops. I believe the entire loop is 3D, but like I said....I have 0 desire to watch it and confirm that 100%.

Ours is up. The glasses rest has an infrared sensor on it that triggers the 3D loop to start. When you pick up the glasses "3"..."2"...."1"....start loop. I get completely bored standing there longer than 2.5 seconds holding those dumb glasses that are spring tethered to the rest. The loop is different from the rest of the loops. I believe the entire loop is 3D, but like I said....I have 0 desire to watch it and confirm that 100%.

Are you talking about the Samsung or the Panasonic 3D TV's? Because we got our Panasonic 3D display with the glasses a couple weeks ago already.

As for the Samsung 3D Plasma, I don't know if the display is supposed to have glasses as well or not.

Are you talking about the Samsung or the Panasonic 3D TV's? Because we got our Panasonic 3D display with the glasses a couple weeks ago already.

As for the Samsung 3D Plasma, I don't know if the display is supposed to have glasses as well or not.

You're right EM. I did not read the post thoroughly. I'm talking about the Panasonic.

You're right EM. I did not read the post thoroughly. I'm talking about the Panasonic.

Ah, yeah we have that one working no problem. It was the Samsung's I was wondering about in my original post.

Maybe you can answer this too -- the loops are supposed to be in 3D, right? Where do the 3D glasses come from?

Well I don't know if the Samsung 51 inch Plasma's loop is supposed to be in 3D or not. The vendor only gave us 1 USB flash drive for now and that was for the 40 inch LED. Both loops for the Samsung TV's are supposed to come from a 3rd party vendor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back