Archived New schedules for CAF pulls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone started the new CAF pull schedule? Just curious how large they end up being as compared to the old schedules. I'm not quite sure how to staff the changes. Our normal CAFs averaged about an hour.

What changed about your CAF schedule? What was it before/what is it now?

A few months ago they added 10am and 6pm CAFs at my store. It didn't seem to affect the size of the CAFs, except that now the 11:00 CAFs are the largest instead of the 12:00 CAFs. More often than not, our 11:00 CAFs are around 4 hours. Everything else is between 1 and 2 hours. They haven't added TMs to the back room or the sales floor to make up for the extra 2 rounds of CAFs, so there's never any time to pull research in the morning or backstock in the evening.

Oh, and there's always a full line of push when the mid TLs/whoever is running the line leaves for the night. It makes setting the truck line very difficult.

Last edited:
Has anyone started the new CAF pull schedule? Just curious how large they end up being as compared to the old schedules. I'm not quite sure how to staff the changes. Our normal CAFs averaged about an hour.

Are you talking about going to just 2 afternoon CAF's and larger AUTO's? We are going to that soon and i'm interested to see how it works. I was told by my DTL will have to do manuals as well.

That will be interesting. Our IS team was told that we were no longer going to be scheduled past 11 because we needed to stop scans when the 11's dropped.

Are they switching back to this again? We did that for about 4 months last year and everybody LOVED it. Since it actually worked pretty well, it was naturally changed back to hourly CAFs with 6s added on.

When we did the pull segmentation test last year, our CAFs were at 12, 2, and 4, and we dropped manuals at 7PM. I wasn't backroom back then, but our backroom team seemed to like it a lot more than the regular CAF schedule.

That's how research used to work. Once CAFs started dropping, no more scanning because it would interfere with the accumulator too much.
I know. That's how it works at our store because there aren't enough people scheduled to pull the research and the CAFs.

Right now with a 6am unload Flow is lucky to get half way thru the store when CAFs start dropping at 11am.

What! WHAT! ?? ?

By 1100 the only team that should be left is FDC... unless we were to get some HUGE 3000 truck or something.

0600-0700 unload
0700-1000 push Push PUSH PUSH!

We are an 0600 store.

Maybe in some case where the truck is late, doesn't come, or its ridicously huge... past 1000, but only 50% at 1100!! !

Are you short staffed or something???

From IS perspective this would be awesome! Right now with a 6am unload Flow is lucky to get half way thru the store when CAFs start dropping at 11am.
Same at my store. From the day the store was opened, Flow was never really pushed to be fast AND accurate. New store leadership began pushing speed, but that has really tanked accuracy. A lot on Flow will have a case of product in an aisle, see a hole and just shove what they have in there whether it goes there or not. Now, leadership is trying to improve accuracy but it is difficult.

When we did the pull segmentation test last year, our CAFs were at 12, 2, and 4, and we dropped manuals at 7PM. I wasn't backroom back then, but our backroom team seemed to like it a lot more than the regular CAF schedule.

Less time spent walking to/from aisles, less time spent staging vehicles, less time spent pulling 1 of the same damn item every hour, less time spent for CAF pushers to walk to/from the backroom and baler, etc, etc, etc.

What about produce. I guess the PAs will have to spend more time subting items that are empty Like I have any more time, with hours cut.

Those of you who had the 1/3/5 pulls, were the CAFs still supposed to be finished on the hour? Cause I imagine that the 1 o'clock CAFs would be insanely massive, and just one person pulling wouldn't work whatsoever.

Yes, it still has an hour time limit. During the hour in between, backroom team members help push everything they've pulled.

To be honest, I'd rather keep the hourly CAFs if it meant not having to be out on the sales floor. Although I think that at my store, we would likely be using that time to get caught up on everything else that needs doing in the backroom since we're still a mess.

I think this will help capacity/on hand issues, as instead of having a dozen times a day for someone to F$%k up, there will be only a few.

Here's to hoping all your PA's are worthwhile/self-motivated enough to push all that Produce/Meat that won't be on a pull anymore. (Except for select hours of the day.)

If they are going to keep this I think Backroom/Instocks should merge into one team.

except of course the Closer.

What! WHAT! ?? ?

By 1100 the only team that should be left is FDC... unless we were to get some HUGE 3000 truck or something.

0600-0700 unload
0700-1000 push Push PUSH PUSH!

We are an 0600 store.

Maybe in some case where the truck is late, doesn't come, or its ridicously huge... past 1000, but only 50% at 1100!! !

Are you short staffed or something???

We're a low volume store. It's shameful. There's no excuse and everyone knows it.

Same at my store. From the day the store was opened, Flow was never really pushed to be fast AND accurate. New store leadership began pushing speed, but that has really tanked accuracy. A lot on Flow will have a case of product in an aisle, see a hole and just shove what they have in there whether it goes there or not. Now, leadership is trying to improve accuracy but it is difficult.

Glad to see we're not alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back