I'm Lost! *NEW* Seasonal Style Consultant

Hello all!

I just got hired as a season style consultant, and I have orientation tomorrow. Can somebody tell me what exactly a style consultant does? What should I expect to do during a typical shift?

original.gif

Welcome-Aboard-Devid-Tennant-On-Doctor-Who.gif

Hello all!

I just got hired as a season style consultant, and I have orientation tomorrow. Can somebody tell me what exactly a style consultant does? What should I expect to do during a typical shift?
You will be folding clothes, hanging clothes that people return or take to the fitting room and picking clothes that people drop on the ground . You will never finish your work, there will always be more . You will not be consulting anyone regarding their style. You might on occasion consult a customer regarding where they might find something.

There will be a lot of times you will need to problem solve. Guest wants X, we don't have it, ask what they want it for, and then offer Z as an alternate to fit their needs.

Reshop and zone. And yeah, guests will look right at you as they destroy it. They will also look you in the eye when they bring underwear out of the fitting room and hand it over. Many guests are asshole. Many guests are thieves and vandals. You can't do much about thieves, you can't do anything at all about the vandalism.

Yes they are animals. Some less than animals. Wouldn't you like to just throw the undershorts back into their face and tell them they're classless disgusting slobs! I defended a cashier at a local rather upscale grocery store a few days ago. I was buying a few items and the bitch in front of me has a belt full of stuff. Fine, ok, I'm in no rush but....she takes a handful of reusable shopping bags (like our red canvas Target bags) and almost throws them at this young girl. I had to step in, the cashier was about my daughter's age, maybe a few years younger. Nice pleasant kid. I told her rather loudly that you don't behave that way, be polite to the cashier and do one of two things, say "may I give you these please?" or, simply go to the end of the station and lay them out and "bag your own stuff." The young girl handled it well, I handled it better and the Karen bitch was totally humiliated.

As a seasonal you will most likely be zoning (straightening), and sorting and putting out reshop/go backs, which are rejects from the fitting room and returns up at guest services. And helping guests, of course. They will pair you with a regular team member to help train you, and once you are in the system they will assign you a department for the day on the schedule which should be posted on the board in the office area, aka TSC (Team Services Center). Our store doesn't usually train seasonals on anything more in-depth like backstocking with the zebra, VMG, price changes, etc, until after the holidays, if any seasonals are offered a permanent position.

Back