Archived New Target Team Member!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that this was the best place to get some answers about my being paranoid about a situation.
OK, so it's my second week training as a cashier and I'm off today till thursday. But today HR asked me to pick up some shift if I can, this is the second time during my entire training, and I said no both times. Reason for this is because I saw my schedule next week, when I really start working, and I barely have any time off so I scheduled everything/errands I had to get done on the days I have off during my training weeks.
I was just wondering and being paranoid that they might be testing me for my flexibility? Do they do this? I'm kind of scared that I left a bad impression saying no both times they asked me to cover someone. Am I gonna get fired? lol

So do they "test" new team members on purpose to see if they're reliable? lol help!!! any insights? Thank You!

You are not obligated to say yes to fill-in shifts. You can't get in trouble for saying no.
As long as you work your scheduled shifts, you should be fine!

You are not obligated to say yes to fill-in shifts. You can't get in trouble for saying no.
As long as you work your scheduled shifts, you should be fine!

that's what I thought but for some reason since I'm still training I feel like they're testing me, if that makes sense. I feel like I left a bad impression on my first two weeks D: but thanks though!

Thanks! but the thing is my availability that they have is from 8 am to closing. However, I had some errands for school to get done that's why I couldn't take it. I just felt like I made a bad impression my first two weeks cause I won't do them the favor. lol
If you take the shifts, they'll like you more, but you're not obligated to by any means (especially if they're outside of your availability - yes, HR forgets to check sometimes).

By the way, welcome to Target and The Break Room!

Greetings and salutations.
If you can take a shift, it always looks good but they aren't going to hold it against you if you can't.
Just don't complain about a lack of hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back