Archived new task given to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMNDZ bruhh

Former Backroom Dayside
so my duty as the flow teams cardboard person is over, frankly because i was so sick of it. so my ETL log and TL ask me to go into their office, they explained to me that they want me to be something similar to a TL but unofficially, something like being my TL and ETL right hand man in flow. they pretty much told me that i would be keeping everyone in check, and making sure that no one slacks off and make sure they are doing there job right. i asked my backroom TL and he told me that I'm now a pace setter, and that other stores do it to, but I've never seen it at mine. my ETL also requisitioned me this nice red shirt to wear for now on, they want me to look super legit now. does anyone here do this or work in a store where they do this?

we have those folks(including me) at our store. i called them, a "pacer". basically, what they do are the push frieght fast & clean, doesnt shoot the breeze with hands in pockets, drives the team to push quickly. our brtl does it with our etl-log to drive & monavited the team to get the truck done quickly. plus, you may have to train new tm's to avoid the slowpokes on flow bad habits.

At our store they call them team captain.
In management theory you look for a person who has influence in a group but no official status and give them a role.
This way you can control your employees a little better and have control over situations if they go south.
Of course you don't pay the captain any extra, just a title and a pat on the back.
The execs will say that it's a good step towards management but all too often people who are natural leaders don't make the best 'brand leaders.'

Last edited:
You should also consider this as an opportunity for advancement. Work for the position you want to obtain, not the one you are currently in. If you want to be a TL then work as a TL. Sure, you might not have the authority, pay or other perks that an official TL may have, but the work and dedication you are demonstrating is sure to catch notice.

You already have your ETL's eye... might as well keep up the progress and good rapport.

I don't see favoritism, I see reward for solid performance. Those who whine about the people getting noticed are the bottom feeders that don't perform.

I agree. I'm just saying that leadership would most likely cave in to the whiners, so a perfectly good reward system would be ruined by those who never deserved it anyway.

I agree. I'm just saying that leadership would most likely cave in to the whiners, so a perfectly good reward system would be ruined by those who never deserved it anyway.
i hate this about target culture they baby the whiners and complainers who are the worst employees and coach top performers who get all the tasks done and cause no trouble.

thanks for the heads up, now i know more what to expect the next time i go in, thanks for your guys help!

You should also consider this as an opportunity for advancement. Work for the position you want to obtain, not the one you are currently in. If you want to be a TL then work as a TL. Sure, you might not have the authority, pay or other perks that an official TL may have, but the work and dedication you are demonstrating is sure to catch notice.

You already have your ETL's eye... might as well keep up the progress and good rapport.

This. If you would like to become a TL or whatnot, this opportunity could be beneficial to your development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back