Archived New team member and have a quick question

Status
Not open for further replies.
So ive only been working 2 weeks, and for the orientation checklist you have to choose your method of receiving your payments, Im 17 and dont have a bank account so practically all the options are ruled out. how do i go about getting payed? I should have asked someone by now but have been busy and and its pay day tomorrow. Sorry for probably simple answers but any replies would be greatly appreciated!

I plan on opening a bank account with my first check

Your first pay is always issued to you in the form of a paper check. You can either pick that up at guest services or the fitting room (ask a fellow TM or leader where they issue checks in your store). They'll have you sign your name by your name on the paper for verification that you picked up your check.

And you can always go into eHR to setup your direct deposit whenever you get a bank account. Their should be instructions located by your computer on how to do these things. Get confused? You can always ask the HRTM to assist you.

Last edited:
Can anyone explain the DPCI? Is there a way to tell it an item (C-9) is form a man or a lady?

HOW does anyone figure out the plan in RTW??? Everything I look for is NOP- Moss Black , Merino neutral sweaters and t-shirts look so similar- I can wander for 20 minutes trying to put away one piece of clothing. I have broken RTW into secions in my mind ( Juniors- i e Exhilaration). Career , Edgy Moss Black , Moss Supply .etc- but there is NO rhyme or reason to the set up - what is the deal ? How does Target expect it to stay looking nice and clean and organized when it is set up like a jumble sale?

Also- why wont they backstock ANYTHING ? It is impossible to put away t-shirts and keep them looking neat.

I am not complaining- I love this job and I want to do it well and keep our store looking great and running smoothly.

Does anyone know how to work those big huge PDAs? it looks kind of like a Star Wars weapon?

Do you get a break on a 5 hour shift? Why do some 7 7 hour people get 2 15 mins and a lunch? Why do some people get assigned app break times and others dont?

Thanks as usual fellow team members!! Happy Holidays!

Depending on your state, you'll get a 30 min unpaid break after 5 or 6 hours worked. Target will want you to take it at the start of the 4th or 5th hour. If you work 4 hours but less than 7, you also get one 15 minute paid break. If you work at least 7 hours, you get a 2nd 15 min break.

Can anyone explain the DPCI? Is there a way to tell it an item (C-9) is form a man or a lady?

DPCI stands for DePartment, Class, Item. Unless you know which department numbers are associated with which areas, your best bet is to ask a more seasoned softlines TM if you can't tell by how it's cut. Usually, you can tell by the cut and design whether an item is for men or women.

HOW does anyone figure out the plan in RTW??? Everything I look for is NOP- Moss Black , Merino neutral sweaters and t-shirts look so similar- I can wander for 20 minutes trying to put away one piece of clothing. I have broken RTW into secions in my mind ( Juniors- i e Exhilaration). Career , Edgy Moss Black , Moss Supply .etc- but there is NO rhyme or reason to the set up - what is the deal ? How does Target expect it to stay looking nice and clean and organized when it is set up like a jumble sale?

That's one of the many reasons why I avoid softlines like the plague.

I was told that RTW (as well as men's and other areas of softlines) is organized by brand into "blocks." If I remember correctly, ours is from back to front: Liz Lange (maternity), Pure Energy (plus-size), Merona, Mossimo Black, MSC, Xhilaration, seasonal (swimsuits or coats). Hanging items on racks are not located on the sales floor; only tables, shelves (i.e. jean wall), and peghooks have "aisle" locations. Each fixture should have a number, but they're not in any particular order, so even located items can be difficult to find.

Also- why wont they backstock ANYTHING ? It is impossible to put away t-shirts and keep them looking neat.

I don't know, and this one drives me crazy. Racks that are jam-packed are not shoppable and they look terrible. Best practice is to put everything in size order and finger-space every rack, but ain't nobody got time fo' dat.

Does anyone know how to work those big huge PDAs? it looks kind of like a Star Wars weapon?

If you need help with the PDA, ask the fitting room/operator (if it's not you) or a more seasoned TM. Hardlines can help too, we don't bite. :D

Do you get a break on a 5 hour shift? Why do some 7 7 hour people get 2 15 mins and a lunch? Why do some people get assigned app break times and others dont?

Any shift of at least 4 hours (or 3.5 in my state) gets a 15. Any shift of at least 6 hours (or 5 hours in CA) gets a lunch. Any shift of at least 7 hours gets an additional 15, though this depends on how your leadership interprets 7 hours, i.e. 7 hours scheduled or 7 hours on the clock. Break assignments depend on your leadership. At my store, some sales floor TLs have a break schedule and others let us go when we want. The front end always has a break schedule to ensure coverage at the checklanes. Backroom goes when they have time. Our overnight teams take their breaks and lunches together at set times every night.

Welcome, @Patty! This may help you on dpci's.
On the pick label, there can be a few "indicators" that dictate what to do with the product. On the label, it will be near the "Ad 08/21" in the example. If there is a "P", it means it needs to be pushed out. If there is an "S", it means stage. "B" means it's backstock...and part of the backrooms metrics is making sure that all product that has a "B" indicator gets backstocked. Otherwise your team is being inefficient and taking stuff out to the floor when they don't have to. If your store is a "Push All" store, this is how you tell the difference between what you need to take to the floor and what stays in the back without scanning everything on the line.

With the change to myPerformance though, it could be that this isn't a key metric anymore. I haven't dived into the backroom metrics with myPerformance.

Typically your NOP product will have some kind of info on the pick label that will give you a bit of insight on what's going on with it. If it's on AD, it could be there will be staged off area on the floor...or it could be that the planogram isn't in the system yet, so there will be a T indicator(Transition) with the date letting you know when it will be set. But if it's NOP or D-Code at this point, been in your store for awhile, and it looks like there will be no space or planogram for it in the foreseeable future...mySupport it, and request a CLR markdown on it.

318718_orig.png

You are so helpful! Thx a lot-
I really love this job - I feel a part of Spots family- and since I am such a beautiful cat-I am sure you know that I dont usually like doggies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back