Archived New technology?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah no new LPDA's here yet. As much as I love the 9200's, this typo glitch they keep manifesting is getting really old!

In my Target we were told these are the LPDAs although some call them ipods (So maybe they're switching them out for good? because if that's not a LPDA then we don't have them) and they work great and way faster than the PDAs by a lot. They also fit nicely in a pocket :)

We have a few to play around with, but the only application they have is something like Item Search except it works for online items as well.

So, my STL hinted at some new technology coming very soon( he mentioned June) in the iOS region..
Sure enough my curious mind ended up on workbench in the share point site named my device. Sure enough!! iPod touches with the Honeywell sleds are moving in. There are numerous PowerPoint slides demonstrating all apps we know and love(?) translated into an iOS app. The picture attached is a combo item search/ rf app signing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 63
So, my STL hinted at some new technology coming very soon( he mentioned June) in the iOS region..
Sure enough my curious mind ended up on workbench in the share point site named my device. Sure enough!! iPod touches with the Honeywell sleds are moving in. There are numerous PowerPoint slides demonstrating all apps we know and love(?) translated into an iOS app. The picture attached is a combo item search/ rf app signing.

I suppose it was a certain amount of time before someone found it, so since you brought it up:

The MC40's/Voltron's are being dropped, and iOS will be the confirmed replacement for the MC70/LPDA's including the Gift Registry LPDA's. Stores will be converting over to a mixed MC9200/iOS environment over time...

If you live in the Metro area of Minnesota, I'd highly recommend visiting the Stinson/New Brighton Blvd store. They currently have every electronic pilot in the store, including the extensive Electronics remodel they recently went through (E&E Innovation, several other stores around the country will be doing the same thing soon) that completely changed the entire look of it.

I suppose it was a certain amount of time before someone found it, so since you brought it up:

The MC40's/Voltron's are being dropped, and iOS will be the confirmed replacement for the MC70/LPDA's including the Gift Registry LPDA's. Stores will be converting over to a mixed MC9200/iOS environment over time...

If you live in the Metro area of Minnesota, I'd highly recommend visiting the Stinson/New Brighton Blvd store. They currently have every electronic pilot in the store, including the extensive Electronics remodel they recently went through (E&E Innovation, several other stores around the country will be doing the same thing soon) that completely changed the entire look of it.

Was the time frame at all accurate?

Somewhat. Getting the hardware and setting up the software isn't the problem, it's the $$$ for budgets since the credit crisis created freezes on a lot of current projects. It will rollout, albeit probably a bit behind.

Somewhat. Getting the hardware and setting up the software isn't the problem, it's the $$$ for budgets since the credit crisis created freezes on a lot of current projects. It will rollout, albeit probably a bit behind.

Sigh.. Understandable. I think looking ahead it'll pay off as productivity will increase assuming the load times decreases as per the current webapps. I use the PDA for Task work. When it comes to guest service, my iphone is the first thing I reach for.. Glad to see target finally embracing the technology surrounding it. I assume the amount each store gets won't change. Based off of prototype etc..

Yep, my STL mentioned to me the other night that we will likely be getting the apple devices this summer.

But with all of the register issues we have been having since the last software update...and I mean serious, crippling problems that no one from headquarters or NCR can fix, I am a bit frightened.

I couldn't find the old post, but I figured I'd put an update on here too regarding the Red Phones on the floor not working:

Level 3 Support found an issue with the coding on the Cisco switch which was causing it to lock up and prevent the red phones on the floor from picking up calls OR sending Indyme alerts (using the phone as a Call Button) over the walkies. Cisco is working on a resolution; they don't have an ETA as of yet but it is being worked on and should be fixed eventually.

@Sarakiel Do you know anything about the wrong names being reported on caf monitors after the las software update?

Uh, I could ask as I don't have any hands in the application side. I think the stores 'MyPerformance' just went through a large update which might have something to do with it. Has it been a recurring issue and for how long?

@Sarakiel Do you know anything about the wrong names being reported on caf monitors after the las software update?

Uh, I could ask as I don't have any hands in the application side. I think the stores 'MyPerformance' just went through a large update which might have something to do with it. Has it been a recurring issue and for how long?
At my store started on March 11th after the pda software update, on mysupport just says they know about the issue and are fixing and not to call csc.

We're not on Mytime yet and we have the issue. Today it was right for me, but the other TM had 3 different names, none hers.

Has anyone still be experiencing this issue since? I heard it was mostly patched, with isolated cases here and there occurring at stores. There's just a lot on the platter, and it doesn't help Flexible Fulfillment is activating and guest-facing selected Dry Grocery items on Monday for Target.com.

Just saw that in my news today. The pull reports have been right for a while now. Can't wait to start picking grocery orders!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back