New Timeclocks!

Just used it for the first time. If y’all aren’t scanning your card/phone, you’re missing out. It’s so quick and easy, way better than the old time clocks.
My ETL was shocked I had this. I’m flattered she said I was tech-savvy, but I just used google (and the breakroom) for my tech savvy knowledge.

I created some for other TM and TLs. They’ve enjoyed how it pops out when they’re close to the TMSC.

@Sarakiel this deal is still on the table. MyStore is nearing 9,000 active users.

*cough*

Brooklyn Park TNC

----
"OPEN ENGINEERING OPPORTUNITIES
We have a number of open roles across our Stores engineering teams. They vary across engineering level/experience, technology focus, or business area. If you are interested in learning more, contact us or apply to start a conversation."

AKA: Degrees are nice, but not required nowadays. If you can demonstrate and impress the recruiter, hiring manager and Lead Engineers the team will happily take you in and fit or make you a spot somewhere. There's an initial test they would give you for general language skills, coding, etc. Expect a 3-5 Zoom interview process and also including live streaming of problem solving skills.

Otherwise the other route would be with the Target Technology Leadership Program which is about a year and a half program that would land you into an associate engineer position (mind you this is like starting at the very bottom and working your way up.) You would rotate throughout teams every quarter for exposure to various applications and programs. Once you graduate the program you are then moved into an Engineer spot and from there you could go anywhere within the pyramid. This is the easiest route to get your foot in the door and work your way up to a team/project you want to work on or manage.

Some of the questions you could expect would be like, "Talk about your most technical project and your planning process" or "How would you address a situation where an order(s) could not be fulfilled due to an issue with a system upstream, after identifying that the issue was a result of the website accepting an emoji as part of an online guest's inputs during checkout?"

Before the days of Covid they would fly you in after the first couple rounds of interviews and do an in-person one and tour the campus. Now it's all Zoom based and WFH.

*cough*

Brooklyn Park TNC

----
"OPEN ENGINEERING OPPORTUNITIES
We have a number of open roles across our Stores engineering teams. They vary across engineering level/experience, technology focus, or business area. If you are interested in learning more, contact us or apply to start a conversation."

AKA: Degrees are nice, but not required nowadays. If you can demonstrate and impress the recruiter, hiring manager and Lead Engineers the team will happily take you in and fit or make you a spot somewhere. There's an initial test they would give you for general language skills, coding, etc. Expect a 3-5 Zoom interview process and also including live streaming of problem solving skills.

Otherwise the other route would be with the Target Technology Leadership Program which is about a year and a half program that would land you into an associate engineer position (mind you this is like starting at the very bottom and working your way up.) You would rotate throughout teams every quarter for exposure to various applications and programs. Once you graduate the program you are then moved into an Engineer spot and from there you could go anywhere within the pyramid. This is the easiest route to get your foot in the door and work your way up to a team/project you want to work on or manage.

Some of the questions you could expect would be like, "Talk about your most technical project and your planning process" or "How would you address a situation where an order(s) could not be fulfilled due to an issue with a system upstream, after identifying that the issue was a result of the website accepting an emoji as part of an online guest's inputs during checkout?"

Before the days of Covid they would fly you in after the first couple rounds of interviews and do an in-person one and tour the campus. Now it's all Zoom based and WFH.
@Mikuhl would be, I created a app called myStore & almost as smart as a zebra. Flash some big bucks please.

Of course they are going to get cracked.

My stores' Zebras have covers but no screen protectors because that might I have cost another $1!
The Zebra screen protectors are nasty anyway, they put them on without cleaning the screens. They apply them well enough that their are no bubbles but all the gunk that was on the screen is now permanently embedded between lol.

Of course they are going to get cracked.

My stores' Zebras have covers but no screen protectors because that might I have cost another $1!

The touch screen isn't great and watching our resident idiot TL literally punch the screen when it does not respond, and getting her discount card out is to much trouble.. "But punching the screen for nothing is better, K Got it!"

Maybe it’s just ours but I’ve never had any trouble. Just tap it like you’d tap a phone. People are probably used to having to slam down on the buttons... that darn 6. :)

Say what youbwill about these time clocks, but being able to scan makes any other issue worth it.

Maybe it’s just ours but I’ve never had any trouble. Just tap it like you’d tap a phone. People are probably used to having to slam down on the buttons... that darn 6. :)

Say what youbwill about these time clocks, but being able to scan makes any other issue worth it.

I have and it's the same issue I have with any touch screen my hands are pretty dry on the regular. I know that can mess with it. But this you can see the button change color like it accepts the input but doesn't. It stares at you.. Or keys the first three numbers just fine then nothing. I have found you can hit the "Start X" and scan your card and it's consistent for me.

I have and it's the same issue I have with any touch screen my hands are pretty dry on the regular. I know that can mess with it. But this you can see the button change color like it accepts the input but doesn't. It stares at you.. Or keys the first three numbers just fine then nothing. I have found you can hit the "Start X" and scan your card and it's consistent for me.
Yeah I hit the main button with my knuckle and then scan. Not had an issue

@Sarakiel I'm still wondering about the SW SM EM EW barcodes. I don't see there to be any problem on selecting the function from your phone than selecting the function on the time clock. Being able to use the time clock without touching it is VERY important during these times.
Not to mention it would be so easy to implement.

bonus points if under the get info tab it could show you your schedule/timecard for that week and accruals and stuff

Back