Archived New titles for flow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im schedule says inbound instead of the normal unload-stocking and my start time is 3am instead of 4am
Is there new names for flow now

"Inbound" is considerably less gay than I expected ("merchandise replenishment advocates") color me surprised

General merch is the umbrella just like we have now:

Guest service is the umbrella for front end so cashier, service desk, opu, carts, sco etc....

Logistics is the umbrella for flow, backroom, pricing, receiving etc...

Sales floor is the umbrella for basically everything else.

Going forward “general merch” will be the umbrella while inbound is your work center

It's one of the E2E teams. Beauty, Tech, Style, and General Merchandise for all the rest. You're supposed to take an aisle and make it your own; become an expert on all the products located there. So instead of sorting freight onto pallets, pulling pallets onto the floor, bowling freight into the aisles, and stocking product (general Flow duties), you'd be taking a vehicle of freight for a specific aisle out to the floor, stocking what fits, and backstocking the rest yourself.

Maybe Inbound is just meant for the ones who throw the truck and sort the freight. If not, and it's the same Flow team as always, but with a new name, the entire thing seems a bit silly. And where do the Back of Store Experts fit in with the Inbound Experts? What's the difference?

See this is what i dont get about all this new titles and duties. How is anyone going to be a expert in anything or learn new stuff if there focusing on trying to push U-boats all day and then fighting for room in the back to backstock when there am assuming going to be a bunch of TM trying to backstock at the same time and trying to get to aisles. And how is anyone going to learn new skills or equipment when they dont have free time anymore. Unlike old flow when pretty much after lunch the TL has time to train you because everything would be almost done

Logistics is transitioning to General Merchandise though, right? Last I heard, there will be no ETL-Log or Logistics Leader.
So what does this mean for a low-volume store? Please tell me the GM ETL isn't going to be taking over Logistics. Our ETL-Log has been there way, way longer than ETL-GM and, even though he's not perfect, is also way, way better of an ETL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back