Archived New to Plano. Not so new to Target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okie doke, so here's my story. I've worked for Target since 2010 and left last year (I was Electronics, Cart, Cashier, Guest Service, & Food Ave...yeah jack of all trades right here.) Around March or THIS year I made a return to be a part of the remodel my store is undergoing. So I was asked to stay on to be a part of the Presentation team. I happily accepted. Now, according to my Team Leads, I "Set POGs like a maniac!" in reference to the speed and efficiency I complete them with. Me personally, I think I could be better. So after looking at this site, I didn't come across anything to useful to help make me a better Presentation Team Member, even after looking at the guides section. Basically, I'm looking for as many tips as possible for working on Plano.

tl;dr version: I'm new to plano. I do OKAY. But I want to be better. Help?

I think it would be better if you gave us suggestions on what you think you need to improve on.

Greetings and salutations.

There are a lot of people here who can give you tips that might help, just ask.

Welcome to The Break Room! We have plenty of "poggies" here. Send a PM to dek067, nrt, etc.

Im a plano tl. without knowing your process I think its hard to give you more tips.. ill try.. when I am resetting an entire aisle I don't tear everything out then set then put everything back.My team struggles with this for some reason they love tearing everything down but it just takes more time to re-push it. . I pull down one section set it, put everything back or if stuff is moving around, say stuff from section five is moving into section 1 I will move the stuff in section one, set it, bring the stuff from 5 over, then set 5 and hop around emptying out a section pushing it then setting. I always go to the fixture room for my stuff in one trip, i check and see what supplies I need go back, gather everything and print labels same time, I will also do that for my team members, if I am going back i say ok, anyone need anything from the fixture room?.. I always have a garbage bag for trash.. drives me crazy when people dont and they put it in their cart and then have to gather it again to put in a trash bag. also my sft is crazy about recycling paper so I get an empty box from some push and put my paper in the box and at the end or when its full i close it up and put it in the baler.

Speed is Great, but make sure you are accurate and paying attention to the details.

Are you working as cleanly as possible? If this can be done quickly, set a 4', stock that 4' before moving to the next section. Feels slower at first, but by the time you get to the 3rd or 4th section, you'll see its actually faster.

Have you put inventory clips on every peg?

Looked through the line listing to see if you missing any fixture/display that wasn't listed on the cover sheet?

Did you read the early set notes to insure you implemented all revisions?

And LAST BUT MOST IMPORTANT (at least where it concerns me) Did you put away all your fixtures NEATLY in the fixture room? LOL :thank_you2:

we have the inventory clips (or pitas as we call them pain in the a**) on every peg.. now they want us to make sure we are pulling them forward too. i do it but its like pulling teeth to get my team to do it. same with filling out the post pog assessments... i staple them to every pog and they 50% fill them out

i though inv con clips were only supposed to be on dog collars/leashes and cards (like itunes) unless specifically called for now. did that change?

ive been putting them on every peg for years. one year i ordered thousands lol. uhm but the DTL in my district wants them on every peg.

About 2 years ago, we were told by our dtl that EVERY peg had to have one. One of our great etls (i sure miss that guy) brought our bins of hooks to huddles and had everyone install the clips on peghooks while the huddle was going on. From then on, its been plano's responsibility to make sure they put one on if its missing.

yup same here cept we didnt have help. we just started putting them on with every peghook and pog we set until the whole store was done. i hated the old pacmen ones they wouldnt stay on.
question targetoldtimer.. do you put them on in softlines? we have such a hard time getting the label fronts to stay on

Sometimes. Some of the hooks work with the smaller hole on the clips, some don't. Same here on the label holders staying on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back