Archived New to Receiving, any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unreturnable

Receiving/Reverse Logistics
I've been half-way trained at the receiving position for six months or so - my store allocated hours for a little bit of training for me and I wound up covering lunches and breaks for our main receiving person. Mostly I would just check in an order or two, or if no one showed up I'd run empty location reports on our bulk pallets just to kill the time. So my store finally told me they wanted me to take over the position full time and sent me to train again, which wound up being two days at another store trying to cram in as much as possible.

I feel like I got a good basic education on the position, I took a lot of notes, and I'll have experienced people at my store to ask for help. I just figured it couldn't hurt to see if there was anyone on the forum with advice for a new receiver before I started the position full time - I did search old posts and didn't come up with much. In particular I'm worried about a couple of vendors who do their best to rush in, throw me a scan sheet and a pallet of merchandise, and then try to escape before I can do anything. What's the best way to scan through a full pallet of 7-Up? Corner the vendor and tell him I can't use the scan sheet and have him walk me through what he has while I scan it in?

Any advice I can get would be appreciated. I'm sure I'll figure out all the little details over time, I'm just nervous about moving into a new position with new challenges.

You may also want to refer questions to users reverselogistics and BrokenPDA - they are our receiving/reverse experts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back