Archived new to target and low on redcards

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've been at target 2 weeks now and have only gotten 4 redcards and my target is in a good sized city and some of my other new cashier team members get like 2 redcards a day or at least one a day and I keep getting coached on what to say. I really like the job any advice

Last edited:
Use the search bar and search for "red cards." There are at least [Avogadro's Number] threads here about Red Cards.

You got four in your first two weeks? I'm lucky to get one in two weeks, let alone four. I don't know what your GSTL's benchmark is, but you're doing better than me, so I'd say you're in good shape. :D

the quotas are going up for Q4, and you can tell. GSTLs are patrolling the lanes for coaching opportunities rather than to actually do their jobs. Managers are also stalking employees who aren't cranking them out. Watch your ass.

the quotas are going up for Q4, and you can tell. GSTLs are patrolling the lanes for coaching opportunities rather than to actually do their jobs. Managers are also stalking employees who aren't cranking them out. Watch your ass.

To be fair, part of a GSTLs job is driving conversion. Looking for coaching opportunities is part of a TLs job. As long as they aren't being malicious and berating tms, then I have no problem with on the spot coachings. They need to be fair and consistent with their coachings. The expectations for conversion are higher than ever, so most front end tms (and to some extent the entire store) are feeling the pressure to get more and more.

Wow, for someone who has been there two weeks I think four red cards is pretty good. It usually takes awhile for new cashiers to consistently sell reds.

Four in two weeks is great! Just be sure to ask every guest, it's all you can do. Oh, you may want to get one yourself if you haven't. It helps your stores conversion (duh) and your superiors won't harass you for not having one.

Use the search bar and search for "red cards." There are at least [Avogadro's Number] threads here about Red Cards.

You got four in your first two weeks? I'm lucky to get one in two weeks, let alone four. I don't know what your GSTL's benchmark is, but you're doing better than me, so I'd say you're in good shape. :D

And of course I get four in my next shift after posting this.

Then it's a good thing that luck saved my ass today.

So I've been at target 2 weeks now and have only gotten 4 redcards and my target is in a good sized city and some of my other new cashier team members get like 2 redcards a day or at least one a day and I keep getting coached on what to say. I really like the job any advice

Just keep asking and trying, ask around to the veteran team members there and see how they do it. Your GSTL/GSA should have plenty of advice for you on different ways to ask guests and just general instruction on it. I guarantee that if you seek feedback on your performance overall and on RedCards you will do just fine. Eventually you'll find your niche, when taking tips from other people just remember what works for the them wont always work for you.

To be fair, part of a GSTLs job is driving conversion. Looking for coaching opportunities is part of a TLs job. As long as they aren't being malicious and berating tms, then I have no problem with on the spot coachings. They need to be fair and consistent with their coachings. The expectations for conversion are higher than ever, so most front end tms (and to some extent the entire store) are feeling the pressure to get more and more.
+1

ಠ_ಠ

I'm a hardlines team member, been at my store for two years, and I only have gotten three redcards ever.

Dont worry about it. my first couple of weeks I was racking up on red cards. I have gone a month without getting red cards. Target wont fire you for being low on red cards. Every time I get "coached" from my GSTL about how I am not getting red cards I simply tell them, " if you think its easy then let me see you hop on this lane and stand in this spot for 8 hours with enthusiasm to ask people to red cards. All my GSTL simply walk away because they know they couldnt do it.

Dont worry about it. my first couple of weeks I was racking up on red cards. I have gone a month without getting red cards. Target wont fire you for being low on red cards. Every time I get "coached" from my GSTL about how I am not getting red cards I simply tell them, " if you think its easy then let me see you hop on this lane and stand in this spot for 8 hours with enthusiasm to ask people to red cards. All my GSTL simply walk away because they know they couldnt do it.

Just be careful not to let them think you're giving them attitude. A peer of mine did that a while back and got a corrective action out of it. Though there had been problems with said TM in the past, but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back