New to Target

Hi Everyone!
I am new to target, but not to retail. I have 5 years retail experience. My experience is, cashier, customer service, electronics floor associate, Department Manager for Sporting Goods&Hardware, Food Support Manager, Department Manager for Housewares, Appliances, and Furniture, Customer service supervisor, Front End Zone Manager (kind of like the team lead role with target), Assistant Manager over, consumable areas, Assistant Manager over Backroom, and then a Front End Coach. Once I got to that higher level, I realized I needed a more flexible schedule in order to get school completed and spend time with my family since my dads health is not all that great, and the upper management position (even though I really did love my job, was not going to give me the flexibility I needed). So I left and got the Fulfillment Team Lead position with Target. I figured I am only 23 and once I have my degree at the end of next year, depending on how things are with family, I can always get back up into upper management with a lot of hard work and my current resume.

Any tips on being a Fulfillment Team Lead? I got a brief job description, but I know there is always more to know! My orientation is Monday and just trying to find out what to expect from it.

You might want to edit your profile. Spot can find you, quickly.

This chipper attitude is about to get buried in sfs carts , unsorted units and inf percentages.

Can't say he is wrong.

Top tip, organization without that you are screwed. Make friends with other TL's so they will be more willing to listen to issues your crew has finding items in their areas. And know when to order supplies, if your experienced people say order big, do it.

Good luck.

Learn Greenfield and track your team's data on a regular basis. Ship is one of the most monitored departments in the building and there is a lot of data to find out who's competent and who isn't. Use it to keep track of problem areas too, when your team can't find stuff on the floor, it's because another team isn't able to do their job right.

Consider what your seasoned TMs have to say, and let their experiences help you. Chances are you have at least a couple who have lived through multiple Fulfillment Q4's (as well as year round) and those experiences can mean a lot more than numbers on pages.

Back