Archived New trailer slotting tool aka sync

Status
Not open for further replies.

notfit05

Trainer/ clerical / inbound D.C. /
Anyone else seeing a new process benign used in your dc , I'm told we are only the second to try it. Instead of processing trailers by los or time on the yard they are instead selected based on the flow and needs of the store and what is on the trailer . Supposably there will be no los any more per say . they mentioned possible flexing once the quota for the night had been reached . Once the numbers on the dock were finished the dock would flex to art and once art reached theirs then they would flex people home if possible.

We've recently started the IB sync. There's still LOS, just not for IB anymore. So for us in Warehouse, it means our LOS (along with OB and MBP's) is now more important, since we now can't rely on IB to offset it for the building's total LOS. Also, we're supposed to see a lot more reserve, but from what I can see thus far, it only looks like ~+200 to both hand and rack RAPs backlog from where it usually sits. Honestly, it sounds like one of spot's better ideas, and from what I've seen so far, the implementation is working out fine.

Honestly, it sounds like one of spot's better ideas, and from what I've seen so far, the implementation is working out fine.

I thought they hired the idea from Amazon... :p
Regardless it's nice to see some good sense coming down the pipe for a change.

So with los basically gone in inbound I guess we no longer have to worry about being red?

So with los basically gone in inbound I guess we no longer have to worry about being red?
I think that's what it is, as of now. Mind you, there's still TM prod numbers that need to be made. My guess though is that there will be new metrics in the future to reflect the IB sync, in essence an LOS based around when a store requests an item on a truck on the yard and it's unload/divert time, or something along those lines.

It also depends on the weekly add freight , a trailer can have 5 cartons that are in that add and be 80hrs out it will take priority over a trailer at 15 hrs and no add freight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back