Archived New Unload Time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly is 'on hand'? I scan a location for a guest. It says there are zero on the floor, 0 in back but 4 on hand. Where are those four?
It means that your store reads as having received 4. Those 4 could be:
-in a guest’s cart but not yet paid for
-on a vehicle waiting to be pushed
-thrown behind other merchandise by a Guest/TM
-underneath a rack in softlines/Style
-in guest services/another TMs reshop waiting to be returned to the floor
-unlocated in the backroom due to system error/lazy TMs
-stolen
-mispicked (item barcode on the wrong casepack

If it was stolen, mishipped, set down someplace else, or in a guest cart but not yet paid for shouldn't it still show up as 'on floor' and not 'on hand'?

on a vehicle waiting to be pushed

Only for some items that your store receives and doesn't do anything with. Easter candy, for example. If your store receives more than it needs, whose doesn't?, sells the listed floor capacity, and has the extra on pallets waiting to be pushed, then that is when you'll see the on hands.

When you see 0 on floor, 0 in back (x on hand), the vehicles to check typically aren't those that need to be pushed. Check vehicles that haven't been backstocked.

If it was stolen, mishipped, set down someplace else, or in a guest cart but not yet paid for shouldn't it still show up as 'on floor' and not 'on hand'?

Depends. If your store is stocking the shelves perfectly to POG capacity, then yes those should show up as being on the floor. But, since the only Target that does that is in Never Never Land, then maybe not.

I think it can depend on the transition area. For the Stationery transition, the DBO flexed out all the new paper plates/napkins because that aisle emptied out pretty quickly after going clearance. Better to have the new items on the shelf until we could get it set than having an empty 20 ft aisle.
So why not pull all the decode from the back and flex it in that area before it would go clearance ? And then have the transition come out with the pog. Flexing new stuff won’t help with sfs or counts .

I've had so many close calls running over children it's almost a matter of time before I do it. It's worse doing OPUs than with push vehicles. Saturday mornings are prime bring your kids and pay no attention to them whatsoever at my store. It's also put in big online orders time because you don't want to deal with that shit while shopping. A couple of Saturdays ago I had a 32(33?) DPCI order that I didn't get to right away because I was doing a previous order. I'm practically flying around the store grabbing shit. The goal time approaching alert goes off. I still have 7 tasks left. Sprint down A Block and finish them all paying zero attention to my surroundings. I'm sweating like crazy at this point. Reach Pick Completed, Scan a Printer. I'm off down the racetrack to reach the service desk and scan this shit in. My alert chimes again. I instincitvely grab my device and look down to see if I've exceeded goal time or have another order while still racing. Looked up just in time to see one of those MJ Holding transparent plastic balls with the stupid crap inside rolling in my path and a toddler crawling after it.

I've had close calls with overloaded Uboats and flats. But, holy crap. I'd swear my heart stopped for a second there and it took every muscle in my body to stop my cart from running right over that kid. I actually did manage to scan everything in on time. Sort of. I just scanned, printed a label and stowed it all in once place quickly. Not best practice, but you do what you have to. The alert was for a different order. Fortunately, a small one that the GSA on duty was willing to do for me. I had to go sit outside for a few.

Corporate's ideas about what should get done and how fast are not guest friendly. Tl;dr I almost killed or serious injured a toddler rushing to complete an OPU on time.
Then when you slow down due to these stupid kids without ANY discipline then you get bitched at that you're not picking fast enough. They should just close down the store and make it a warehouse then you will pick fast enough.

Here's the problem, a 1800 piece truck is a 1800 piece truck. The stores are staffed according to sales/projected sales, not processing incoming freight. So when you ship 1800 piece truck to a low volume store, you exceed (overwhelm) the capacity of the store's ability to process freight. The higher the volume, the more freight can be processed daily along with frequency (# trucks/week).

What we call it carry over is exceeded capacity. To be more exact, it is any unprocessed freight after the PP2 Team schedule time is up. Not the additional time added, but the original schedule time of the PP2 Team (last process team).

My store is LV and can process somewhere around a 1300 +/- piece truck depending on mix with little or no issues. Anything additional or other demands and freight will carry over. We simply do not have enough bodies at this time to process the freight the same day. More Team Members are to be added later.

The down side to this is that you take a way hours (cannibalize hours) from current Team Members due to hours/payroll being finite. The process demand problems are not due to variability, but not being able to staff appropriately. Additional hours come after sales, not before to process the freight that supported sales increase. This lag seriously affects sales as product is not readily available.

Spot could have avoided this conundrum. If we would have collected valuable statistical data back in the years when we scanned the truck, we could have projected hours by the make up of the truck fairly accurately. That ship sailed long ago and we're stuck with Sales Projections/Volume as the determinant for staffing the incoming freight process. This is most likely why they are using floor hours to process freight now. This somewhat offsets the additional hours needed to operate within the new parameters.

So all of you guys that are getting little to no hours and/or experienced a severe reduction, now know why.

Spot better figure out something before 4th Qtr. Can you imagine what it would be like in the 4th qtr. trying to unload a 1800 piece in the afternoon because you just wrapped up yesterday's truck?
They seriously need to go back to overnite!

From what I understand, those four could be ones that a customer threw on the shelf somewhere, could have been stolen, flexed to a different location, or even shipped to the wrong store
Could also be in someone else’s cart that hasn’t checked out yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back