Archived New Unload Time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were told company is changing to a 10AM unload time. We currently unload at 6AM. Anybody elses unload time changing or just my district? What are your thoughts?

My god i hope not
Were a 4am store and struggle to unload truck as it is. I cant imagine how a 10a unload would be like

Been doing it for a while already. Be prepared to lose your availability, some people will unload at 10, some people come in at 7-9 to clear off yesterday's truck, and even more people come in in the afternoon. Just last week we had a truck finish at 5pm.
I already get slowed down so much pushing after the store opens, between assisting a guess and getting out of their way. It's going to be so much worse at 10am, especially on weekends. I avoid Walmart in the evening rush because they start truck unloads at 2pm.

Last edited:
What volume are you guys that are doing this?

Came across this video. I haven't been with Target that long but have trucks ever been packed this nicely? Also, moving as slow as they are on the line would get you a talking to at my store.

Also people step back and to the side when opening the truck because if not, you will get hit by something.

I miss being an instocks TM

I miss flow,backroom,instocks and plano the days were the store was fully stocked at all times. Recieving and backroom was 100% clean every day and new sets were thrown up and stocked within a week by plano and flow teams. Now its like time to start the unload guys but 1st lets find a spot to store yesterday's full u-boats and yeah team such and such door is now blocked please use the backroom door to access receiving

Came across this video. I haven't been with Target that long but have trucks ever been packed this nicely? Also, moving as slow as they are on the line would get you a talking to at my store.

That recruiting video was like major bullsh!t. They were all clean and happy. Hell, he didn't even finish working the truck. The truck was staged so badly. He didn't even need a crown to lift the stuck door from all of the freight pushed up against it. Where is the pallet with the cat litter stacked on the paper? Or the pallet of water that's leaning at a 45 degree angle.

The only thing that was missing was the fire pit out back with everyone sitting around it holding hands and singing, "Kumbaya my Spot."

That recruiting video was like major bullsh!t. They were all clean and happy. Hell, he didn't even finish working the truck. The truck was staged so badly. He didn't even need a crown to lift the stuck door from all of the freight pushed up against it. Where is the pallet with the cat litter stacked on the paper? Or the pallet of water that's leaning at a 45 degree angle.

The only thing that was missing was the fire pit out back with everyone sitting around it holding hands and singing, "Kumbaya my Spot."
There's another one where it shows ETL-AP helping zone and cashier. I've never seen AP doing non-AP work on the sales floor, even before I was a TM.

Don't the trailers get acknowledged later too? So product on the trailer shouldn't even show up in picks until ~9:30, or whenever Inbound acknowledges the trailer.
They’re supposed to, but not all TLs/ETLs think

Why is ETL Craig throwing the truck? 🤔

ETLs/STLs throwing trucks is super ASANTS even at a single store. My current ones do when the unload is behind, but we've had other STLs visit and reeeeeee about it saying execs aren't supposed to be tasking anymore (my ETL log just nods gravely and says okay whatever bitch under his breath and keeps throwing).

Previous STLs I've had were from both camps, some of them thought they were too good to touch case stock and some would bring a sleeveless shirt to wear in the trailer.

Target has a lot of unrealistic expectations which in turn is causing a lot of us vs. them problems between management and team members. A problem that is growing rapidly with the recent changes. This is bad, very bad.

A problem that if left unresolved, will shut down an operation

By the way, when did this 10 AM unload process start?

No one who is involved has yet to disclose their sales volume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back