Archived Newbie at the Backroom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I just got hired and I'm waiting on orientation to start working at the backroom as a team member. What is your day usually like for those who are also from the backroom? Any tips? Do backroom people usually have the same schedule? (I'm asking for 20-25 hours a week)

To be honest I don't know how I managed to pass the interviews since I'm really shy and the thought about customers makes me really nervous... but I need the job, since it's the only one that's flexible enough with my school hours.

Greetings and salutations.

Welcome to The Break Room.

It depends at what time of day your shift is. They will probably have you come in around 7am.
If it is a non truck day you will pull autofills until 12 and then pull caf's. This is basically just replenishing the store. When a guest buys something, someone has to replace that item. Thats you.
If you work at night you will do the same thing, cafs, for the first half of your shift. They stop droppin at 5pm. After that, you will pull manuel cafs. These are done to reduce the autofills in the morning.
On truck days it is the same but you will do a lot more backstocking(the opposite of a caf/autofill, you put stuff INTO the backroom. There are other things but this is just a dry explanation.
And yes your schedule should be the same since the trailer forcasts are usually the same.

Last edited:
Welcome!

There's tons of threads already about Backroom if you look around. I believe there is one called "training in the backroom" that will give you an idea of how your trainer might handle your first few days. My only tip is to be fast and accurate!

There are usually set shifts every day, but your availability can determine which shifts you will get and how much they will vary from week to week. You should have no trouble getting 20-25 hours.

Backroom is arguably the job with the least amount of guest interaction in the store, so you won't need to be out on the sales floor much.

How am I getting devoured? D:

Thank you so much for the quick replies! These tips are going to help me know my way around without even working, it feels like I'm cheating haha. I'm excited now. Off to read the articles, you guys are awesome!

Backroom can vary depending on whether you're dayside, overnight/early AM, etc. Your main responsibilities are to PULL batches of items from the stockroom locations so they can be worked to the floor and BACKSTOCK items into stockroom locations. Depending on your store and the time of day you're working, you may also have to PUSH merchandise on the sales floor.

No two stores are the same, so just go through orientation and wait until you start training to see how things work in your store's backroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back