Archived Newly Hired ETL

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just got back from orientation and I'm an ETL-GE. I start at my training store on Wednesday. Any advice? What will training be like?

What is the most sought after position as an ETL? I haven't been told what store or what department I'll be in charge of but curious to know pros and cons of them all.

If you don't like people: ETL-Backroom
If you really don't like people: ETL-Overnight
If you're like security: ETL-AP (resuires experience, usually a transfer position)
If you like electronics: ETL-Hardlines
If you like people: ETL-GE
If you care to deal with bs: ETL-HR (requires specific academic experience)
If you want to move into a STL role: Sr. ETL (requires experience, usually a promotion position)
If you want to fold clothes and do reshop all day: ETL-Softlines
If you like food: ETL-Grocery/Produce (usually SuperTarget specific)

So I just got back from orientation and I'm an ETL-GE. I start at my training store on Wednesday. Any advice? What will training be like?

Lots of stuff about driving guest experience and sales through providing 'amazing guest service' and vibe moments. There will also be a stiff focus on 'red card' stacking. Plenty about policy. If you haven't already, you will go through a Target academy called 'Target Business College', which is for ETLs. You'll do a bunch of HIPAA and OSHA training, as well as some FDA certifications (these are company specific, not sure if you can use them anywhere else if you decide to leave the company). After that you will shadow under another ETL-GE for a while so they can show you the 'ins' and 'outs' before you're assigned a store to work at. The whole process usually takes 1-2 months.

You are essentially in charge of all Front End operations within the store. This includes the Cashiers, Service Desk, Cart Attendants, Photo Lab, Cash Office, and Front End Managers. If your store is a non-Super Target you may also have Food Avenue and/or Starbucks.

GE is all about people (moreso than any other position). Where Logistics needs to think based on process (how to save steps, how to drive productivity) while balancing the people aspect, GE is basically all about people oriented measurements. Its about engagement, turnover, training/development, culture. If you nail those (and the small amount of execution around GSA execution and CO), then you will be pretty successful. When I did GE it was pretty easy to get the GSTL to do almost all of the work and I usually covered another ETL position in my district part-time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back