Archived Next generation Target sign

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean is there is blue vestibule carpet tiles too. I was in a store that had the green and blue entrances but it was a Greatland when that was a thing. Green was market side. Blue was anything else. I think even the walkie prompts for backup divided up the store by the colors. That picture looks similar to the store I was at.

Could also be related to possible changes in local zoning laws. Some areas get really specific on what is and isn't allowed. Anything from size, height, shape, color, even down to the style and color of the font used, can force businesses to make a change. Most places would grandfather in old signs which could be the case if repair of the old sign wasn't possible.

Or Target just decided they wanted a new sign.
You owe me for a new keyboard as I spit out my tea. No city council is that anal that they care whether you use comic sans or Arial in your signage. Everything else I agree with.

My store is an ex-Greatland but not a Super. We have green on one side and blue on the other.

Green side/blue side was a Thing when I worked at Target back in the day. Some still have them, but not my store, but its newer.

I mean if I was on a city council I would ensure that nobody uses comic sans
OK so here is a real world example.
5446317470_192b69ed64_b.jpg

A friend works at a non-Super that has green/blue sides. My store has only one entrance.

Is it true that Supers have blue entrance vestibules?

Yes, I think that trend started with Greatland stores and continued with Supers throughout the late-2000s. The door frames correlated with the blue/green/red hanging signs that were introduced in the early 2000s. It's honestly just a way of referring to which side of the store you're referring to. For instance, if you see a pushout, you can call "Hardlines 4 to blue doors." Also, when the cashiers hit their backup button, Target Lady will specify which side backup is needed on. She'll say, "Additional cashiers to the front lanes - Green Side or Blue Side"

Our store just got a paint job last summer, and they replaced all of our overhead signing with the smaller-print red metal signs, along with taking down all the 90s neon. So, it's more difficult for TMs hired since then to understand why the veterans still refer to "green world" and "blue world," but at least having the doors still colored that way helps.

On the topic of vestibule colors, I believe it’s to differentiate between sides of the store. IE- Green Side and Blue Side.

That ATM sign seems to be a carry forward of the older prototype of signs. The first Target I worked at had the names of departments in black and had a color underneath. There use to be more colors in that prototype of signs. Yellow (softlines/A&A), Green, Blue, Red.

The original greatland signing, that I guess that store never changed (or from an old pic).

Yep, @mathprofmatt explained it perfectly.
my store has two entrances and uses road names

Example (names changed for privacy)

Carryout at Main St side
AP, can you come to D St side

my store has two entrances and uses road names

Example (names changed for privacy)

Carryout at Main St side
AP, can you come to D St side
We're referring to super target and former greatland locations, where they have dual front entrances. The doors are painted blue and green, and the indyme backup calls refer to green or blue side depending on what lane entrance is closer to the lane where the button is pushed.

We're referring to super target and former greatland locations, where they have dual front entrances. The doors are painted blue and green, and the indyme backup calls refer to green or blue side depending on what lane entrance is closer to the lane where the button is pushed.
I know. I was just saying how my non super did it.
What are Greatland stores?
In between super and pfresh I think. Almost all were converted to super.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back