Archived Niemann Marcus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, what are people's predictions for this on Saturday? I came into work yesterday and found schedule changes for Saturday, including mine, to be there 15 minutes before opening instead of 9am. During huddle last night, the LOD said there would be 10 cashiers there at opening (on a day where we never have 10 cashiers scheduled normally for the entire day). I am skeptical, but have never been there for one of these events.

That's what my LOD kept referencing, but that was before my Spot time.

I just built the $500 bicycle. It was made by Dynacraft, which makes Magna, but it seemed a lot higher quality in its materials and workmanship. It has a Shimano Nexus 3-speed internal hub like those you find on heavy-duty urban commuter bikes at bicycle rental stations. It was also wrapped within an inch of its life in foam and cardboard in an oversized box. Took me about an hour to unwrap and build it. Everyone that came back into the stockroom when I was putting it together thought that the flower-print design was pretty, but blanched at the $500 price tag (I didn't tell them that the bike I sometimes ride to work on cost over twice that).

I also carried it into the signing room, with the double kickstand down, as it was arguably a one-of-a-kind display, and I didn't dare scratch it by putting it up on the crowded bike hooks to rub against the more plebian models, or dirty the white tires by rolling it on the floor. We didn't get the Missoni bike last year, so not sure how quickly it will sell at that price.

Nice...spell check didn't help me with the spelling of Neiman. :fool:

Huh... Everyone at our store was gawking at how cheap the bikes look. I think we have like 5.

I'm not a fan of the bike ... or any of the merchandise really. But I bet we'll still have tons of guests lined up early Saturday morning. I'm betting most stores will sell out in the first couple of hours. And most likely, we'll see the items listed on eBay for twice (or more) the amount of their already too high prices.

I'm not a fan of the bike ... or any of the merchandise really. But I bet we'll still have tons of guests lined up early Saturday morning. I'm betting most stores will sell out in the first couple of hours. And most likely, we'll see the items listed on eBay for twice (or more) the amount of their already too high prices.

What's funny about that is they can buy the very same things at the NM store, at our website or at the NM website for the same prices they would pay at our store.

We have a ton of the bikes. We had the Missoni bike as well. They all got bought up last year but either more came in or some came back and the last one just lingered for a while. $500 really isnt that pricey for a bike if you are genuinely using it as your transportation. In a major city the minimum you should expect to pay is around $300 for a 1970s-ish old italian racing bike (fairly expensive when new). Light, easy to carry, and quality are something that people look for when a bike essentially is their car. Most bikes that are sold at places like Target, Walmart, Kmart are referred to as BLOs.

I think it will be crazy like the missoni launch...everything gone!

This. The Devil Wore Missoni last year and is strongly considering taking up wearing Neiman Marcus.

I hope everyone on my re-shop team is scheduled that night because Missoni destroyed the whole store.

I wasn't at spot for missoni so I don't know how similar this launch is to that one. I was surprised that all the Nieman Marcus product was setting in soft lines and not on endcaps like the shops. Oh well, makes my life easier without having to find endcaps for product.

I honestly do not think it'll be flying off the shelves like the missoni merchandise after all it is going to be carried by NM and Target they are both teaming up with each other both are going to be in each others stores and NM is very,very expensive were are talking 99.00 for a dress or 50.00 for a wallet I highly doubt anyone is going to fork that over unless it goes clearance could be wrong the prices would seem a little high for Target guests maybe???

We were told this stuff would not go clearance...that it would be pulled and gone. The thing is, people are willing to pay those prices. But those people don't generally shop at Target. So I'm skeptical.

I really like some of the clothing. I think some of the more rural stores, those without a Nieman Marcus near, may do well. We are close to Christmas and there are those people that think price=thought. So we might see people thinking that a $70 dress for their niece or granddaughter is no big deal. I personally am going to pick up the luggage. I just love it.

I think what's going to happen is that we'll get a bunch of e-bay sellers snatching the items up on Saturday (we'll see if the 5 of same item per guest limit is enforced...) and then returning them right before Christmas.

It's NM apparel and not "NM for Target" apparel priced accordingly?

The stuff they're putting in Target will be available at Neiman Marcus stores. The fact that Target is getting this is considered unheard of and potentially powerful for long term sales for Target as they step up their designer lines. Neiman Marcus is taking a huge risk though of putting 100 dollar dresses from designers in their store. Some of their apparel items can easily rack up to 1000+ dollars so they risk watering down their brand considerably in their home territory.

We were told this stuff would not go clearance...that it would be pulled and gone. The thing is, people are willing to pay those prices. But those people don't generally shop at Target. So I'm skeptical.

Certain items will be going clearance....mainly apparel and some others, but they probably won't be with the normal Target clearance tickets. I saw this when going through my Markdown Strategy for December Week 5, which is when the items will be going markdown.

I know some "fashionistas" that can afford Neiman, but no one I know is interested in the NM @ Target stuff. I think most of it is ugly, unnecessary and/or overpriced. Some of the kids' stuff is cute, but I don't have kids, and if I did, I wouldn't spend that much on them. I don't think it's gonna be crazy.

Then again, I thought Missoni was a bit underwhelming and people loved that so I might be wrong.

Certain items will be going clearance....mainly apparel and some others, but they probably won't be with the normal Target clearance tickets. I saw this when going through my Markdown Strategy for December Week 5, which is when the items will be going markdown.

There is only one designer that needs to be destroyed when hitting it's first markdown. It's so serious we have to have two witnesses and then we have to call our DTL and APBP when the deed is done.....

AS far of the craziness..... I will actually be waiting in line myself. There are two things that I am getting for my nieces for christmas. Yes. I know im crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back