Archived Niemann Marcus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Company Direction was not to salvage out until the 16th. and we were NOT TO DESTROY ANYTHING!!!! Every last item needed to be boxed up and sent back to the DC on the next sweep trailer. I'd hate to be the STL's that have to answer to their DTL's about destroy'd NM merchandise. :-(

But thank god the god awful stacked boxed at my check lanes can disappear!

Yep, we got in a bunch of those Neiman Marcus bicycles in yesterday that our UA's had to destroy. Kinda screwed up Target doesn't donate those to some charity for auction, but I understand the liability issue. Still kinda disturbing to see a perfectly good, but some what ugly, bike cut up for scrap metal.

Company Direction was not to salvage out until the 16th. and we were NOT TO DESTROY ANYTHING!!!! Every last item needed to be boxed up and sent back to the DC on the next sweep trailer. I'd hate to be the STL's that have to answer to their DTL's about destroy'd NM merchandise. :-(

Yep, we got in a bunch of those Neiman Marcus bicycles in yesterday that our UA's had to destroy. Kinda screwed up Target doesn't donate those to some charity for auction, but I understand the liability issue. Still kinda disturbing to see a perfectly good, but some what ugly, bike cut up for scrap metal.

That makes me sad and a bit angry.

What liability issues? All Target would have to do is have one of their (countless) attorneys at HQ write up a contract holding Target harmless from any incident involving the bikes. Have the organization they give them to sign the contract - zero problem. Easy.

I have to say, this incident reminds me of years ago when the company shipped every single store about 5 pallets full of peanut butter & jelley with almond flavor soda..... never sold a single one even after 90% off.

Ill-timed with the holiday season?! This originally was supposed to take the place of Black Friday madness!

And despite perceptions, “millions of people shopped the [Target/Neiman] collection … and at the end of the day, we ended up moving most of the product,” he said.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/barbara...ine-has-high-hopes-for-kate-young-collection/

Yeah, "most" being 51%

Yep...they moved it all around the store trying to get it to different spots for people to trip over it and buy it...

Also, corporate already has the new collection to set in the back of softlines again...our ETL already plans to move it to the front and bypass that stupid idea.

I wonder why they mentioned Kate Young in the article when Prabal is coming so soon. I'm excited for that one. The lookbook looks really good and the prices are reasonable if the prices I saw on a blog are accurate.

Some lady came in looking for the MJ bag today. She passed on it at a store in another state while visiting because she wanted to save a few cent on tax. I don't think they marketed well, prices were too high, and people wanted clothes. So many people came in looking for DvF and Marchesa dresses. Such disappointment when I showed them that yoga mat and the baby/little girl dresses.

Priced a little to high?! Try way to high! I mean who pays,what was it, 30 bucks for a letter opener? I bought a perfectly good one from target for 2 bucks. Sheesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back